Review Highlights
Highlight of our Cruise!!

We were the first ones off the ship and Craig was there waiting for us. We had a wonderful and... read more

Reviewed 27 September 2020
SoCalLori
San Diego, California
Private Tour

My wife booked this on line before we went to New Zealand & supposedly had only recently been... read more

Reviewed 24 May 2020
568marvinl
Bethune, South Carolina

All reviews hour tour off road private property inside joke tour guide highest point south coast new zealand fur seals great sense of humor fault line unique experience great trip an adventure take photos craig deer
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 April 2015

My NZ South Island family joined me on this great tour that shows a unique side of Wellington only accessible to a few . Gary was awesome with his great sense of humour sharing local knowledge as well as providing information from a Maori perspective about the land, the sea and plants.
Wellington's wild South Coast is rugged and while it was a cloudy day we still had great views of the sea and hills. We got to see the deer and lots of seals as well as sea birds. We have all done 4WD before but this was a totally unique experience even by NZ standards. Thanks for a wonderful day out Gary.
Laura, And family, Christchurch NZ

Date of experience: April 2015
Garykiel123, Owner at Kiwi Coastal Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2015

Nga mihi nui ki te whanau
What a pleasure to be able to share your birthday with you and your whanau around the south coast.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on tripadvisor of our day together.
You have a wonderful loving whanau and sharing the south coast with you all was indeed a pleasure.
Thanks for the great review.
Nga mihi kia koutou.
Na Gary

Reviewed 11 March 2015

A group of us on Oceania Marina toured with Gary in late February, and unfortunately the tour did not live up to our expectations. The van used was fairly old, and Gary did not have a micro-phone, so those of us in the back row unfortunately could not hear over the van/driving noise. Gary was very engaging (when we could hear him), but the weather was poor, and some of the mountain roads were extremely treacherous given the weather conditions (fog prevented us from seeing most of the coastal scenery). Lunch was excellent, but we did not see any wildlife (seals etc.) which made the day a little disappointing. We would have loved to have had better weather, but we understand weather can change by the hour in NZ.

1  Thank GoJo18
Garykiel123, Owner at Kiwi Coastal Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2015

Kia ora and thank you for your review of my tour.
I appreciate your comments on the day which really was not great weather wise.
I apologize for not being a bit more audible to those seated further back in the vehicle.
I have no control over the wild animals seals etc I do not guarantee that they will be available to be viewed.
Thank you once again and I will take your comments on board.
Nga mihi nui kia koe.

Reviewed 11 March 2015

We booked a day with Gary and we were truly blessed with what can only described as a beautiful outing and wonderful weather. Gary is charismatic and knows his culture and the city sites. The day started and ended with a blessing and every moment in between was magical. We had the chance to see things that I know our children will never forget. So, if you want a boring vanilla tour, please book with the competitor; if you want to be truly blessed and see some amazing sites, give Kiwi a call. Time flew by and in between, a stop at the diner for some local tastes and tea.

Thanks Gary! We will be calling for a fishing trip!!!

1  Thank 357BANKS

Kia ora Te whanau.
Thank you for your review of our day together.
It was a genuine pleasure to show off a truly beautiful slice of NZ .
My Maori culture is a big part of my tour and I am so glad that you enjoyed that.
Nga mihinui kia koutou.

Reviewed 19 February 2015

Unbelievable mountain and costal scenery; places that the locals rarely get to see and a guide that is very friendly, interesting, funny and well informed. The Maori information was fascinating and helped set the context of New Zealand and her people. Worth ever penny!!
Jim and Sara H
England

3  Thank JimH9999
Garykiel123, Owner at Kiwi Coastal Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2015

Kia ora Sara and Jim
Thanks for the great review so glad that you enjoyed the experience.
I always enjoy telling people about my maori culture and interesting maori lifestyle mixed with humor and great scenery too.
Hope that you have as much fun on the rest of your journey around NZ.
Nga mihi nui kia korua.
Na Gary

Reviewed 4 February 2015

My wife and I were on a cruise down the East coast of New Zealand. Some good friends had recommended Gary of Kiwi Coastal Tours to give us a private tour of the beautiful high country around Wellington - it was a great experience. We spent some filled hours with Gary - he is extremely knowledgeable with a great sense of humour. He is also Maori so this is an added bonus because it's also an enlightening cultural experience. He met us at the boat at the agreed hour and dropped us off 3.5 hours later. And of course the scenery is magnificent (and we live in Vancouver!) - no wonder they filmed Lord of the Rings here!

Date of experience: January 2015
2  Thank LindsayG_12

Kia ora and thank you for your great review it is very much appreciated.
I am pleased that you enjoyed our time together and
I hope that you have returned home safe and sound.
Nga mihi nui kia koe