“Very nice meal”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Nice and food was quick coming out. Had the chicken meze was really large and couldn't eat it all. But a great variety of tastes

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Have been going here for years.Mostly for takeaways but recently went for a sit-down mean with family visiting from out of town. They were overwhelmed at the quality of the food and portion sizes. We went there for lunch and no exaggeration, didn't even both having dinner!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Yes it is close to home, but it is one of the best Turkish restaurants I have been to. The flavours are brilliant and the meals are large, we struggle to get through a meal each and have often said we should share one between us. Weather eating in or taking home the food is consistently good. The restaurant is decorated in typical Turkish style and adds a great deal to the experience. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Wow, stepping through the door at Kilim is like stepping through a portal and ending up in Turkey. The sites, sounds and smells, instantly transporting me back to my days of traveling thorough that amazing country back in 1996.

Traditional Turkish carpets line the walls and floors, and of course the staff are the real deal. Which told me straight away I'm in for a treat.

There was only one problem, with so many amazing options to choose from - what to order? Kebab, Iskender, Adana, Turkish pizza....the list goes on and on.

Being our first time, we opted for the Iskender - standard comes with choice of meat, rice, salad, humus, tabbouleh, cacik, beetroot sauce and traditional hot tomato sauce straight from the stove. All topped with garlic yoghurt and humus sauce.

The presentation of the food was fantastic. But it was the taste that capped it all off - wow. Its all good here folks, but he lamb is just amazing, none of that cheap over powered with garlic and spices, mince that you get at most kebab joints....here it's the real deal, tender pieces of real lamb!

I can say the search is finally over, for years I've been traveling NZ looking for the perfect kebab and Iskender, that search is over - and all this time it was right under my nose here in Petone.

Get down there. Thanks to the team at Kilim - you made my day last Saturday!

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed our meal which was super tasty and very fast service. Great value for money, and have since enjoyed taking the family there also.