“Probably the Best Pizza In New Zealand!!!”
Review of Pizzeria Napoli

Pizzeria Napoli
Ranked #30 of 1,041 Restaurants in Wellington
Price range: US$7 - US$17
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Wellingtons finnest Woofired Pizza and Pasta restaurant in the heart of wellingtons social hub. All our pizza and pasta are prepared on site and cooked in a ktichen set up allowing visitors to view the whole process from streching to cooking. A very warm and cosy atmosphere where you will be well wined and dined. come enjoy Pizzeria Napoli ciao
Reviewed 27 December 2017

The best pizza you'll probably find in New Zealand! I tried many, and being from New York my pizza criticism is pretty harsh. You'll know it as you walk by and smell the deliciousness wafting from the door. My only regret was being so stuck on the pizza that I never tried anything else. Both times I went with pizza, the Margherita pizza (Italian tomato sauce, mozzarella, fresh basil, parmesan cheese and olive oil).

The first time I went I had a reservation for elsewhere, but absolutely had to try what I was smelling and so I got a pizza as take away aka take out. We didn't even make it back to the hotel and ended up opening the pizza box and eating it outside on a table wet with the rain that had come not too long before, a couple of doors down from the pizzeria. It was amazing! The crust was thin and crispy and the slices stood up a bit as they should. The cheese was all melty with just the right amount of sauce and pieces of fresh basil were adorned here and there. The sauce wasn't too sweet and it wasn't bitter either... it was just perfect with the perfect blend of spices, but not overdone.

The second time I went I had no intentions of getting pizza and wasn't even hungry, but the sign outside was promoting their pizza half priced, I believe. It was during the off season and I think it was not during a definite meal-time (none lunch hour/dinner hour). I could barely contain myself, nor could my company, so we got one to go and of course stole a few slices before bringing it back to the hotel and putting it away in the fridge. We brought it on the train with us the next day, and I have to admit, it was good even then and cold. Definite highly recommend!

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

We tried a spicy calzone pizza, as well as one with prosciutto, and both were really good! Accompanied by a bottle of the house Merlot we had a lovely meal. Place was packed on a Tuesday night, so if you're a bigger group you'd better make a reservation I guess.

Reviewed 17 December 2017

The food was incredible authentic italian. The staff were the nicest I've met in NZ so far, very knowledgeable about the menu and really cared about your overall dining experience.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Stopped by here for some dinner before catching the ferry. Was drawn by the mouthwatering smells coming out the front door, and the large number of people. Was no disappointed! A glass of wine and yummy filled pasta shells later, one very happy diner!

1  Thank PollyMa
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Fantastic food, lovely wine, great service, cosy environment, excellent location. Would definitely recommend. Go for a pizza.