“Love it”

Ranked #154 of 930 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Pizza, Contemporary
“Love it”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I love the the blue belle cafe, it's local and we love going there on the weekends, love the mushroom steak pie, it's like so yummy... Make sure try it, you won't regret it xx

Wellington, New Zealand
“The jewel of island bay.”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I've heard a lot about this place so i decided to visit and try the food my self, The staff was so freindly and the Pies were so Yum and the coffee was one of the best i ever had, sure will be back next week and I will recomend this place to my friends, keep the good work blue belle.

• Visited February 2014
New Zealand
“Disappointed this time”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I heard that this place had changed hands and was so much better so I thought I would give it a try. I used to go regularly and loved it so was curious to know what had changed.

I wasn't particularly hungry so after checking what the muffins were (berry and chocolate) I ordered a muffin and a long black. I was asked if I wanted the muffin heated and since that would have been in a microwave I said no. The attendant wrote COLD in large letters on the order.

My muffin arrives on a hot plate. Sure enough it had been microwaved, but I couldn't be bothered taking it back to the counter and asking for another. The butter (in the sachet) was on the hot plate as well, so that was now butter soup. The muffin did have some chocolate (white) and two raspberries and then the majority was a pinkish runny sludge that once upon a time may have been berries but now was a revolting looking mess. The outside was over cooked and beyond crunchy despite the nuking. The worst muffin I have ever had.

I was reading the paper when my coffee arrived. I had it folded in half so there was plenty of spare table space, but my coffee was abruptly plonked in front of me, where I was reading, on the paper.

So I am not sure what the improvements were but I wont be back to check it out again. Even if they do offer a muffin and coffee for $5 I expect to be able to eat the food and expect to get what I asked for.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank poohtravel
Montpellier, France
“Mmm those Cream Lamingtons talk too me!”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The food is just amazing, large portions which you could share. But why? You just have to go and try it out.
Had the Chilli Beef Pie, yumbo.
Good coffee and service is pretty quick too

Visited July 2013
“I love it.. The best”
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

Blue belle is the best and yummiest little cafe in island bay, the service is awesome and the food is scrumptious.. The pie is so out of this world... It's best!! And it's close to home.. Come and taste Island bay's grub..

• Visited July 2013