“Unique and unforgettable experience, highly recommend!”
Review of Kiwi Coastal Tours

Kiwi Coastal Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Kiwi Coastal Tours. A trip with Craig and Kiwi Coastal Tours will not disappoint, from the start to the end you will be wanting more. Be prepared for a relaxing no rush journey around Wellington city, around the coast and along secluded beaches, take in the awesome scenic panoramas of Raukawa (Cook strait) and on a fine day views of the south island of New Zealand.Learn about the maori way of life pre-European to the present day,hear about the legends of the land and the way Maori used what nature provide for sustenance and as medicines.Safe off road sojourns are a special delight you will get to visit areas that even the locals rarely get to view, there is so much on offer with Craig and Kiwi Coastal Tours so bring a camera and a smile and Craig will throw in a cuppa tea or coffee at our designated rest area with toilet facilities and an awesome view. Be prepared for an enjoyable three (3) hours. Did I mention the wild animals ? I have a reliable vehicle that transports 5 (five) persons comfortably or 6 (six) at a push. I am a one man operation so you get me and only me. Looking forward to having you share this experience with me. Regards Craig Stoddart
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We are happy we booked this tour with Gary. We've learned a lot about Maori culture, traditions, language. Gary showed us some local flora and how Maori used it for medicinal purposes, have seen spectacular views from the points hard to reach by bus, also fed red deer and saw wild boar,ostrich, and seal. It was a windy day, but the views were just magnificent. We later met Gary's wife at the cafe managed by the family, had nice coffee and homemade deserts, tasty :-) Thanks a lot for a wonderful tour!

Garykiel123, Owner at Kiwi Coastal Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Kia ora and thank you for your review of my tour.
It is really nice when people appreciate the time spent in the hills around the south coast with me.
I try to have a little bit of everything of interest in the short space of time with you.
The scenery speaks for itself and the weather can change quite quickly sometimes.
So glad that you enjoyed the day.
Nga mihi nui kia korua

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We did a private tour with Gary at the end of January. Gary met us at the pier where our ship docked. The trip was beautiful, thrilling and scary at times. Gary took us up the mountain on private roads to the highest point in Wellington. When I say "roads," they were more like gravel paths looping up and around the mountain. When we reached the top, we had a commanding 360 degree view of the bay, the Pacific and all around Wellington. We got to see some wildlife at a private reserve on the way down and then drove to an isolated beach where we rested at a small cabin. We had a nice surprise by having lunch (included in the price) at the beachside restaurant managed by Gary's wife. Get the fresh fish! We finished with a few stops in Wellington and then back to the ship. Gary is a personable knowledgable guide. This was one of our favorite tours of our cruise. Kia ora Gary.
Paul and Nancy

Garykiel123, Owner at Kiwi Coastal Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Kia ora Korua
Thank you for the great review of our day together, I am so glad that you enjoyed the thrills of off road driving which allows me to take my manuhiri (guests) to places that are unique to my tour and rarely seen sights not visited by other tour groups.
Maori custom dictates that my Manuhiri are safe always and cared for while visiting these lands so a meal at the Bach cafe is included in the longer tours.
So nice to have shared the experience with you, I hope you have returned safely to your home.
Nga mihi nui kia korua

Na Gary

Reviewed 15 February 2014

My wite and I toured with Gary last month…what a nice custom tour thru the back country of Wellington…..big tour busses could not go where Gary took us, and he being of Maori ancestors was able to give us a great history of Wellington and its people…..and then lunch at his restaurant, served by his wife was wonderful…would highly recommend Gary's tour…..Kia ora…..Rick and Kathy Klaus.

Nga mihi kia korua
Thanks for the wonderful review I am so glad that you both enjoyed the day.
There is a hidden gem in the hills around Wellington and showing this gem to people from all over the world is an amazing experience for me as well as my manuhiri (guests).
I hope that you have returned home safe and sound.
Nga mihi nui kia korua.
Kia ora

Reviewed 14 February 2014

My friend and I decided to take Gary's tour and we are so happy we did. He's a friendly, knowledgeable and funny guy. We were able to get up close to the wildlife and learn a lot about Maori culture and history. I highly recommend Gary's tour!

Kia ora
And thank you for your review of my tour and the day we spent together.
Showing off the south coast and letting people learn a little about maori history, culture and language`is what I have found to be most enjoyable for them add a little bit of humour for good measure and a great day is assured.
Thanks again for the great review and I hope that you are both well.
Ka kite ano
Na Gary

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Me and my inlaws from Ireland joined Gary for a tour round the coast a week or so ago. Everything worked together to make this an absolutely unforgettable experience: the weather was great, Gary was very knowledgeable, friendly, full of interesting stories and never in a hurry. We met the amazing "pig hunter" who proudly showed us the evidence of his recent success, the animals showed up and performed for photographs, and the picnic in the wee bach on the beach topped it all off (particularly the home made slices........). We even saw a seal draped over the rocks happy to feature in our photographs. Gary's knowledge of the area and his Maori perspective on many aspects of this land added a very special flavour to a wonderful trip. Mum and dad loved it and so did I! Good on yer Gary: you rock!

Patries H

1  Thank Patries H
Garykiel123, Owner at Kiwi Coastal Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Kia ora Patriese

Thank you for the beautiful review of our tour together it was a pleasure for me to be able to take you and your guests over the hills of the south coast.
I believe the pace of the tour is key to ensuring that my visitors get the full benefit of the experience allowing them time to not only get photos but also to take in the beauty and serenity of the south coast,as well as take time out to enjoy the birds and animals in the hills and along the seashore.
Giving an insight into my maori culture and heritage is an important part of this experience and very well received by my manuhiri ( guests).
Thank you again for the awesome review.