“What a fantastic space!”

Little Beer Quarter
Ranked #71 of 956 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We knew we would visit LBQ long before we ended up in Wellington. We stayed just around the corner, as the hotel was convenient to LBQ where we intended to spend the evening, and Ninjaflower where I had an appointment the following day.

We had eaten elsewhere, but immediately after our meal we headed to LBQ for some quality time with some craft beer. The options were overwhelming, and I had difficulty choosing, so the wonderful woman behind the counter asked what I enjoyed and offered me some tasters of things she recommended. I was pleased with her recommendation, and was surprised by the tasting options. Fantastic service!

The decor is trendy and suits the place well, and I found it welcoming and comfortable, though my husband and I did feel like ducks out of water, being far from home and in a strange (cold!) climate.

We were both impressed by the bottled and on tap options, and my husband was particularly taken with the options available hand pulled at the bar.

If we ever find ourselves in Wellington again, you can be sure that we will spend a LOT more time at LBQ... and probably bring friends!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Finished work late-ish and was after a couple of beers and a bite. LBQ is my type of place. A little tricky to find in a smallish street it has a wide range of craft beers on tap with a huge selection of bottled beers in the fridges. Staff were knowledgeable and friendly and took me through a range of different beers. Ate a brisket pie from the specials list which was hearty and filling.
It's a small venue with a major focus on specialty beers - if, like me, that's something you enjoy then LBQ delivers a great night out.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

If you feel like something a bit different them come here. Good pub food, reasonably priced, in a great atmosphere. Inside or outside areas. While you wait for your food there are many strange things dotted around the pub to look at. Simply a great atmosphere.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

My partner and I enjoyed a lovely lunch here today. For a Saturday, this place was suprisingly quiet. However, I expect that during the weekdays this place would be a lot more lively.

There was only one wait staff on and she was very friendly and efficient. I don't drink beer, but I was told by my partner that the craft beer selection here was excellent.

The food was yummy and affordable as this place takes entertainment book vouchers which gives you two mains for the price of one. I found my mushroom and haloumi burger to be delicious and my partner enjoyed his pizza.

The fittings and furniture here are quite funky and it is worth having a look at this place if you can find it.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Huge amount of different beers on tap and bar staff happy to guide you towards your preferred tipple. Tends to be our default bar at the moment because of the high quality bees and relaxed atmosphere. Unpretentious and chilled out.