“The heart of a World Class Beer Culture”

Little Beer Quarter
Ranked #67 of 1,006 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Best of local and national beers on tap, with clever write-ups on the wall for each one. Very knowledgable staff. Fantastic burgers. A little off the beaten path, but well worth the trip. Make sure to read the quote from Cliff Clavin on the wall as you take it all in. But beware, you could end up spending the entire afternoon here.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Can be hard to find as it is tucked away in an alley but it's great place to grab a few drinks. The atmosphere is awesome and the bar staff very casual and friendly.

Been here a few times, likely will go a few more!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

The food here was ok. It was't great but wasn't crap either. However, the service, even for Wellington, was horrific. It was lunch time during the week, there was all of 12 people there at three tables. Absolutely no rush to come and serve us at the beginning when we arrived. Then we waited 35 minutes for our food once ordered. They just didn't care.

I'm pretty critical of service standards in New Zealand, they're generally pretty poor. This place epitomises all I dislike.

1  Thank BagmanNZ
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Little Beer Quarter has an interesting array of boutique beers and good food to go with it. A great place for a beer and bite to eat after work or any time.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We knew we would visit LBQ long before we ended up in Wellington. We stayed just around the corner, as the hotel was convenient to LBQ where we intended to spend the evening, and Ninjaflower where I had an appointment the following day.

We had eaten elsewhere, but immediately after our meal we headed to LBQ for some quality time with some craft beer. The options were overwhelming, and I had difficulty choosing, so the wonderful woman behind the counter asked what I enjoyed and offered me some tasters of things she recommended. I was pleased with her recommendation, and was surprised by the tasting options. Fantastic service!

The decor is trendy and suits the place well, and I found it welcoming and comfortable, though my husband and I did feel like ducks out of water, being far from home and in a strange (cold!) climate.

We were both impressed by the bottled and on tap options, and my husband was particularly taken with the options available hand pulled at the bar.

If we ever find ourselves in Wellington again, you can be sure that we will spend a LOT more time at LBQ... and probably bring friends!