“Tons of food!”

Harbourside Market Wellington
Ranked #45 of 237 things to do in Wellington
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I love farmers' markets and this one didn't disappoint! Lots of fresh fruits and veggies, as well as some great local food vendors. Nice location on the waterfront. Must-do on a Sunday in Wellington!

1  Thank RoamingTheGlobe

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Great range of fruit and veg at very affordable prices. Also with 2 French bakers and 1 French cheese stall I think we're going to be able to continue to enjoy some of the good bits of France even here!

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Beautiful place to get produce and all that, of course, but since I was only visiting, I was more interested in the food! We got pulled pork sandwiches which were great, and then went to the chimney cake stall. It's hard to concisely describe chimney cake, but I'll say it's more like bread with a delicious crisp crust rolled in crushed hazelnuts (or almonds, or cinnamon sugar if you like) and melted chocolate brushed on the inside. Definitely worth the wait in the long queue!

The next time we visited, we went to the City Market in Chaffers Dock almost next to the Harbourside Market. You must try the roast scotch fillet burger; it's amazing and delicious. Macarons from Creative Cooking were so-so only, completely soft and missing the crisp and delicate crust. But CC's salted caramel eclairs were a dream. Beautifully presented and just delicious.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

This is a great market to go hang out at on Sunday mornings. Go get breakfast or lunch here. All of the food vendors are delicious! My personal favorite were the crepes!

Reviewed 29 May 2013

This is the second time we have had the Annual Awards held at this venue. The staff were brilliant. Serving over 250 people didn't seem to be an issue. Wish I had taken a photo of the Dessert plate. Manificent! Almost too good to eat. Hope we come back again in two years time.