“Good food, good service, low cost”
Review of Fratelli

Fratelli
Ranked #51 of 965 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 December 2013

A friend took us out to this restaurant, between all the bars that try to get your attention this place offers you a quiet place to to sit down and enjoy dinner.
Before our main course we split a big plate with appetizers, bread etc. This was great, it was very tastefull and a lot too.
Main courses are in a wide variety available. From pizza to pasta to meat and fish dishes. All the meals on our table looked, smelled and tasted nice. I had a good pizza that wasn't too big but I couldn't have dessert anymore. Wine selection was good and fair priced. Restaurant is located between the harbour and the main town centre.

Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal here, everything was just great. The food, the service and the ambiance exceeded all expectations. We had entrees, mains and despite being absolutely stuffed decided to share a dessert as well. The rosemary pannacotta was the star of the meal. It was just mind blowingly good. Never had anything like it before. Thanks fratelli for a real culinary experience.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Came here with a couple of friends for their Tuesday night feast. This is $35 per person for a 3 course meal, you get limited options but it looked good. 2 our of the 3 of us went for this option, the person who didnt go for this option got treated completely different to the other people at the table. Waitress leaned across her to hand someone else a plate when she could have gone round etc.

The food was nice, but nothing to rave about. over all it wasn't the most pleasant experience (it was also freezing!) and i probably wont return

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Me and my friends (a group of 7) went here for dinner. Strike one: we had to wait for 35 minutes for entree!!! Was only served when we followed up on it. Mains was served after more than an hour - after the entree!!! Strike two: I have been to this restaurant several times before and the food was great. This time, however, the food was below standard. Risotto was plain and under seasoned. Given the price at this place, I expected more. Strike three: I voiced out my feedback when I paid our bill, and the Maître d' had the gall to argue with me. He was not even apologetic for the poor service. So Fratelli at Blair Street in Wellington - You're Out!!!

1  Thank 140Adelle
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Wellington was cold, wet and windy...surprise surprise....so after a long day and being away from home there's nothing like some magic whipped up and put in a dish to takeaway. I ordered the Chicken Risotto. Hit the nail on the head, was absolutely fabulous. On a service note waiting at the bar for my dinner somebody, anybody could have offer me a wine menu or asked if I would have licked a drink of some description....next time perhaps. That's not to say that the service was bad either, just the little details.....

1  Thank Trudy J