The hotel is in a great location and the rooms are tidy and presentable. I think the hotel services are a little behind the times and the hotel is more like a 3 star. Some little annoyances included:
- Only offer 20 min free internet in the lobby
- Signs on the in-room safes state that you will be charged if you use them.....
- Poor quality soaps, no conditioner etc
- The TV was quite old and had poor reception - Sky TV equated to 2 sport channels and a movie channel.
- The bed was well used and a bit lumpy
Despite the hotel bing tired/dated it still a great base to see Wellington. As long as you go in with low expectations you will be okay. We have stayed in other central Wellington hotels before and would opt for another hotel next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where location is everything! A $10 million refurbishment and its prime waterfront position overlooking one of the world'€™s most beautiful harbors makes the Copthorne Hotel Wellington Oriental Bay one of the most luxurious accommodation experiences in Wellington. Contemporary decor, exceptional dining options, heated indoor swimming pool and state-of-the-art technology with all the convenient comforts you would expect from a modern city hotel such as broadband internet, modem points and a large wall-mounted LCD TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Copthorne Hotel Wellington Oriental Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copthorne Hotel Wellington