Copthorne Hotel Wellington Oriental Bay
James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor(Wellington)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$156
US$199
US$149
  • Restaurant
The Cambridge Hotel(Wellington)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$54
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Hotel Wellington(Wellington)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$70
  • Room Service
1,707 results
All reviewste papaoriental paradegreat locationfamily roomsmall balconyharbour viewsuperior roomacross the roadcourtney placevalet parkingshort walknew world supermarketfree wifitop floorcourtenay placenew zealandking bed
Reviewed 13 August 2009

Before staying at the Copthorne Hotel Wellington Oriental Bay, i have done a bin of training in the Millennium hotel Queensgate with is part of the MCK chain. I assumed that the hotel would look very generic and be boring. However to my suprise the hotel room was amazing and very up to date with technology, and the furnishings were all very new. i found that the receptionist ws very help fully and knowledgeable (though i am originally from wellington so i didnt ask the typical questions about wellington) Hotel was easy to find and in the weekend the street parking is free so we jst found a park outside the hotel. the restaurant has an amazing view and the breakfast buffet looks and tasted good, we did request a paper in the morning and wasnt happy when recieving a tiny little magazine thing... where is the New Zealand herald i ask? or the sunday times???
Overall the stay was nice and staff were friendly and helpful when needed

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2009

We checked in here after a long drive from Rotorua via Waitomo, and it was already dark and raining on our way into Wellington. We found the hotel relatively easy from the Wellington Motorway. After unpacking our suitcases from the car, I left my partner with the bags while the staff member told me where to find the hotel's car park. It surprised me that I needed to drive about 0.5km down the main road, turn left at the second set of traffic lights, and then travel up this steep side street to find the hotel's car park. When I did eventually find it, the car park was around the back of the hotel, and you had to enter via a very narrow driveway. At around 6pm there were probably only 2 car parks left, and at barely 2m wide, the majority of cars would have had tremedous difficulty opening their doors. Then started the fun bit - finding my way back to reception where my partner was waiting with the bags. It turns out that, due to the hilly terrain of Wellington, I had actually driven up to the equivalent of level 7. But it wasn't really obvious when you enter the car park, as you are as ground level for that part of the hill. There are also 2 sets of lifts located in separate lift cores. One lift goes from level 7 to level 10 only. The other (main) set of lifts have opening doors on 2 sides, and go from ground floor to level 8. So you can transfer lifts at either level 7 or level 8. After entering the wrong set of lifts and being completely confused, I eventually asked someone serving at the bar on level 7 where reception was, and he pointed me in the right direction. I think all of this could be avoided if say, when you are checking in, the staff provide you with a "mud map" to the car park, with directions that, once parked, you will be on level 7 and how to get back to reception.
Apart from this, the hotel was clean and quiet. The rooms were modern and had adequate heating (something badly lacking in Auckland). The views from our balcony were breathtaking. The hotel itself is located about a 10 minute walk from the main street of Wellington where there are many restaurants to choose from. I would highly recommened this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MalcolmYoung
Reviewed 20 July 2009

stunning room, we stayed in a suite room on the top floor, most expensive room but definately worth it, had the best view and a lovely bath, bed size is huge, room size is huge. staff friendly and down to earth. great value and awesome location, short stroll to city center. best hotel stay ever!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank booaza
Reviewed 27 May 2009

What can I say!

Ditto for everything positive that has been said already.

Nicely refurbished, quiet, comfy and good carparking.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank CarolynWellingtonNZ
Reviewed 21 May 2009

The hotel was in a nice central spot, near to the musem, theathres etc.

It was nice clean and well managed. The people are friendly and will help you with luggage, taxi's etc.

I had a room with a few of teh harbour, a little bit more expensive but worth it!!

Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo