“Private room with a view”
Review of Roseneath House

Roseneath House
Ranked #24 of 45 Wellington B&B and Inns
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Private room with a view”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed with Linda for 2 nights at the start of our South Island holiday. As Linda has just one guest room, we felt like family with her attentive service and personable hospitality. Roseneath is in a very quiet location with fantastic views of Wellington from the guest room and balcony terrace. The room is cozy, comfortable and spotless. It is a 15-minute walk downhill to the central business district and many restaurants. We enjoyed walking through the Botanic Gardens, Te Papa, and just exploring the town. Don't miss Linda's beautiful pottery on shelves just outside the guest room. Thanks Linda, we hope to see you again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Linda, at the Roseneath B&B, was welcoming and friendly. We enjoyed the cozy top floor guest room with its own balcony and outstanding views of Wellington. The designer home was beautifully decorated, and lovingly cared for. It was spotless! We had a tasty breakfast with the same 5-star view. The road up the hill to Roseneath and parking in the garage was a challenge to my American driving skills, but Linda met us and guided us into the garage. We then took the little tram down to the house and unbelievable views. We left the car in the garage and explored Wellington on foot. Don't miss this one!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Hoofddorp, The Netherlands
Reviewed 14 April 2013

The stay in the roseneathhouse b&b‏ was really great! An big room with a great view up on the mountain. Super terras, great breakfast and a super friendly owner of the B&B.

I would really recommend this B&B for your stay in Wellington. We stayed 3 night and they were the best!

Thanks Linda!

Room Tip: The B&B has after the garage a cable "car" which will bring you to the house. Big room...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
London, England
Reviewed 5 April 2013

This is truly a special place. I spent 6 nights there and that was not enough. The only room is on the first floor and is private, very comfortable and spacious. The crowning glory, though, is the balcony with outstanding views of the harbour and city.
Linda is an excellent hostess and always ready to give helpful advice. Her breakfasts were excellent and she spared no effort to make me feel at home. (Except that, at home, I don't have a private cable car to take me from my house to the garage!!).
Some people might find the walk up the hill from the city to the house a bit tiring - but taxis are plentiful and cheap.
I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else in Wellington.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Yorkshire, England
Reviewed 18 January 2013

We travelled to New Zealand recently primarily for the World Premiere of The Hobbit. This B and B made what was a near perfect trip, totally perfect! The views are mind blowing, the food and hospitality are second to none and the facilities are comfortable and classy without being pretentious. Lovely walk down to the city centre. Challenging walk up the hill back...but if you are relatively fit it is not a problem. Wellington is a magical city. Visit if you can..and if you do, I heartily recommed that you stay here!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
linda f, Owner at Roseneath House, responded to this review, 19 January 2013
So glad you both enjoyed Wellington, it's such a beautiful, easy to get around city,and the weather for the premiere of The Hobbit was perfect. It was great meeting you, and very much hope you will visit Wellington again soon, all the best, Linda
Tollo
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I booked a two night stay at this B&B informing the owner of mine and my wife late arrival at the airport (11.50 pm).Once ended the custom checks and rent a car, I started to make phone calls to the B&B, but only the answering machine. I left a message, but no callbacks. Last but not least I tried to find the B&B but n. 58 was a garage. I knew there was a cable car so I imagined that the B&B was close by, in the dark (2,00 a.m.) I followed a cable car, I rang at a door but there was a family sleeping: wrong house! Fortunately at 3,00 a.m. I found a different accomodation. The day after I received a phone call from the B&B apologizing for this incident. I appreciate the phone call and the apologies, but the night before the phone call would have been more appreciated....

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
linda f, Owner at Roseneath House, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
Hello Fabio di Sario, thank you for your message. Even now when I think of you I feel so embarrassed, so although I have never met you, I will never forget you and the events of that night. I will admit that when your reservation came through to me from Booking.com I was tempted to cancel it due to your late arrival, but then cancelling a booking through Booking.com is not for the feint hearted and I thought 11.50pm is not so bad (even though I get up at 5am) I am only 10 minutes by taxi from the airport, so figured you would be here soon after midnight. When 12.30am came and you hadn't arrived I decided to go up to the road (as you pointed out where the garage is located) and have a look to see if you and a taxi where looking around in the dark for the house. I waited 20 minutes up there and no taxis - no people wandering around with suitcases, so came back down to the house and continued to wait. I did not realise that you were going through customs and then hiring a car and driving yourself from the airport. Of course that would have taken 1-2 hours, so a 2am arrival would be about right and not Midnight as I was expecting. So that was my first mistake. My next mistake was at 1am, I fell asleep. When I woke at 5am I checked the phone and there was your message. I waited until an appropriate time to ring you but couldn't get through as your phone number was an overseas one, but with the help of directories I eventually got through to you.
I can see (and feel) what a nightmare it must have been for you to come to a strange place in the middle of the night, trying to find your way and then be confronted with nothing but garages on the road instead of houses. Welcome to Wellington, where many of us have houses down the hillside. However, all that aside, I hope wherever you stayed was fine and your holiday in Wellington and New Zealand was everything you hoped it would be, and my part of it was the only bit that went sadly wrong for which I am truly sorry. All the very best, Linda
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We booked the B&B months ahead, but when we arrived were told "Oh I thought you weren't coming", butu the room was ready so all was fine. It is simply a spectacular house, with the best view of any B&B we have ever stayed in. You can walk to the city, but the walk back is steep. She also does NOT TAKE CREDIT CARDS. I was glad I asked since we had a 7:30 am ferry to catch. Thank goodness for ATMs. Breakfast was good and I would stay here again happily.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple