My partner and I stayed at the Grand Mecure for three nights as a double celebration his birthday, our engagement. The room was on the 16th floor and was small but had everything we needed including an amazing view of the harbour and downtown. Service was friendly and very obliging with staff on hand 24/7. The only downside to the room was the bathroom, my partner is 6'3 and the shower and room itself was very small for him.
The location of the hotel was very important to us as we are from Christchurch and had not been in a city centre for a long while, access to shops, cafes , the information centre and all of the tourist attractions was great and only a few minutes walk away. Cuba St is located just around the corner and Courtney Pl and the waterfront only minutes away. We discovered two great bar/restaurants tucked in just behind our hotel.
My partner and I completed all of the suggested "things to do" in Wellington including riding the cable cars up to the gardens and to the Carter observatory (which is best to do at night). Took a day trip around the harbour and across to Matiu Somes island and to Days bay for cake and wine at a fabulous café called "Chocolate Dayz". We visited the markets, museums, Te Papa and of course the zoo. We watched a great NZ movie "Shopping" in the famous Embassy cinema, which I highly recommend!!!. We were most impressed with all of the quirky and funky places there were to eat close by enjoying great southern food from "Sweet mothers kitchen" to beautifully presented food from "Foxglove" on the waterfront and Mexican specials from "Arizona bar and grill" just down the road. Our stay in Wellington in the Grand Mecure was great and definitely not long enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You're in the heart of it all, 5 minutes to everywhere you want to be. Our very warm welcome and personal service will make you feel at home, while outside the front door the very best of Wellington awaits, right in the heart of all the shopping, entertainment and business districts. Central City Apartment Hotel features superb, modern, spacious apartment style hotel studio, 1 & 2 bedroom apartments with the best city & harbour views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Mercure Wellington Central City Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Central City Apartment Wellington
- Hotel Central City Apartment