“Very Clean”

Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in Wellington
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Very Clean”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Helpful, friendly staff. Room very clean although deluxe room quite small in comparison to other Wellington hotels. On top floor but view only of office building next door. Recommend inclusive internet deal.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Nigel W, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Cathy255118,

Thank you for your review of the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and next time you book with us try our harbour view rooms if a fantastic view is what you're after this will do the job.

Assistant Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Polish first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The room had everything I needed, and was very clean. The shower was big with good water pressure, although a little on the tired side. The heater in the room (once it heated up) was nice and warm, particularly handy for this cold snap. The buffet breakfast was generally nice, but I was disappointed that they only serve margarine - no butter. Unfortunately the infamous pancake machine was out of order. Most of the staff were genuinely friendly, however, one of the men at the breakfast buffet came across as being "put out" when I told him the coffee machine had run out of milk...

I've never come across a hotel who doesn't take your bag to your room if you have already checked in and your room has become available during the day while you are away. 2 hotel front office staff confirmed that I had to go to reception and pick it up myself ...

Tip:
Turn your room heater on before you go out to dinner. When you come back, your room will be nice and toasty.

Dear Cheryl M,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the majority of your stay with us and your room was nice and warm during this very cold winter. I apologise for the attitude of the breakfast attendant but am glad you enjoyed breakfast.

I hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Russell, New Zealand
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The hotel is very nice and we had a lovely stay, but the reason for this review is to say how kindly I was treated by Charlotte, after getting stuck in the lift on the way to our room on the 20th floor. She helped me out of the lift (I am very claustrophobic), and then organised for our room to be moved to a lower floor within minutes. The way she looked after me was so caring and she is an asset to the hotel. Thank you very much

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Neddzy,

Thank you for your review. Firstly let me apologise for your experience with our lift. I am glad our team were able to assist you in an efficient and effective manner. I have passed on your kind words to Charlotte who was very humbled to hear your comments.

I do hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The evening meals a ridiculously bad, risotto and scallops appear to be something else entirely. Had steak which was cold in middle - sent it back to be told "that is how rare steak is done" - got a replacement. Rooms are basic but comfortable, internet is so poor it is unusable.

Dear Rick T,

Thank you for your review. I sincerely apologise for the dining experience you had with us, our food and beverage manager has been in touch with you personally to apologise and to offer you a complimentary meal on your next visit. I am confident your dining experiences with us from now on will be very enjoyable.

Ashburton
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Best location for shopping, buses, food, and attractions. Most staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms small but had everything you needed and beds were very comfortable. Bit noisy due to outside fan going 24/7. Room service was very convenient with lovely food and reasonably priced.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Debbie B,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you will stay with us again soon.

Marton
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Friendly staff, good location, perfectly adequate clean hotel with good breakfast provided. a bit stark on character. Weekend better to take parking building rates than hotels rates.White curtains let a lot of light in at night

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Nigel W, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear David S,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found no major faults with our hotel. I do hope you will stay with us again.

Auckland City
Reviewed 14 July 2014

room was not serviced in the morning.
Staff at desk were friendly and wanted to help.
Dining staff very friendly - food generally good. not the best of entry to get to. Charging for parking was steep for the first night at $25. $15 after that

Dear Alan W,

thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am sorry your room was not serviced. I am pleased to hear you found our team wanting to help and were friendly. I do hope you will stay with us again.