“Great location”

Travelodge Hotel Wellington
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Wellington
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Great location for us visiting the Victoria University open day. We were able to leave our car in the car park and walk so didn't have the hassle of trying to find parking. Very handy having the restaurant on site for breakfast. Overall great value for money.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sid B, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Mandy B,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am thrilled to hear that the open day went well and we were able to take away the hassle of visiting central city. We are renowned for our great value, service and cleanliness and I am pleased to know we ticked all the boxes for you.

Thank you again Mandy. I hope to welcome you back in future.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

We were in Wellington overnight. It was easy to find, the perfect location handy to everything we were doing. The staff were friendly, the rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. Will use again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Klbannon,

Thank you for sharing your most encouraging review with us. It is truly a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I am glad to know that you were well looked after by our friendly team.

I will share your comments with our team as this will act as encouragement to all of them.

Thank you once again. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Good place to stay during business trip. Very convenient.
Breakfast was rather boring, not much variety, standard English breakfast. The decor very average, not nice feel. The room was good size, nice place, quiet.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ewa G,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am pleased to hear that you not only found us to be good value for money, but also enjoyed our well appointed rooms.

Ewa, we are in the process of revamping our restaurant to create a warmer and more inviting environment for all our guests and will certainly take your comments on board.

Thank you once again for sharing your comments with us. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

My first time in nz the hotel was in a good central location loverly room king bed , restaurant was very nice food was nice I had dinner there the first night scallops were loverly I had breakfast there as well the morning I was leaving the staff was very help full I would stay again s

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Sid B, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Dear jodie3382,

Thank you for sharing your most encouraging comments with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I am thrilled to know that your first trip to NZ was a successful one.

Jodie, I will share your comments with our team as I am certain this will act as encouragement to all of them.

Thank you once again. I look forward to welcoming you back in future.

Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

small rooms and bathrooms, Shower pretty much sprayed directly on bathroom door will need to be replaced soon due to moisture build up. couldn't ask for more for $100 a night. ironing board was broken and iron keep spilling wasn't the user, reception staff were great.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Pacmanreturns,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. While I am pleased to hear that you found us to be great value for money, I am disappointed to hear of the broken ironing board and leaky iron. This is not acceptable and I will be having a stern word with our team.

Pacmanreturns, may I please request a quick email from you highlighting your room number and dates of stay, as this will enable me to rectify the issue immediately.

Please do send me an email on sbhatia@travelodge.co.nz

Thank you sincerely for informing me of the above. I hope you will visit us again in future.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Already written one, given my time again I would have booked a motel as this hotel offered nothing a hotel should have. I stay in a hotel so as I have a bar & restaurant and decent facilities not what I got.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Diane,

Thank you again for your comments. There are several areas you have highlighted in the previous review where we could have served you better.

I certainly will be addressing these with my team. Your comments enable us to better serve our guests in future.

Sid

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Great reception by staff. MIxed up our room with another associate but fixed it quickly. Room was good. Clean. Sizable. Big Breakfast OK, lacked variety of fresh fruit The shower and bathroom was awesome. A faux water blaster. Good security. Room had safe, iron, coffee making, and card entry. It looked and felt fine, walk too everything, restaurants, museum etc etc. Try Smith the Grocer for great meals and pastry across the road in the arcade. Had to pay for wifi, need to get up to date on this one!

Room Tip: we stayed level 7 and all was fine
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Shane D,

Thank you for sharing your most encouraging comments with us. It is truly a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Shane, I am happy to hear that you were well looked after by our friendly team and thoroughly enjoyed the shower in our rooms. A powerful shower does make all the difference after a long day at work. We are currently working on a solution to provide our guests with complimentary internet as this is certainly a generic problem in most central city hotels in Wellington, and we hope to have this resolved soon.

Thanks again Shane for choosing to stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.