Amora Hotel Wellington
Trinity Hotel(Wellington)
  • Fitness centre
Bay Plaza Hotel(Wellington)
1,186 results
All reviewste papaclub roomgreat locationmichael fowler centreacross the roadvalet parkingwellington harbourbuffet breakfastspacious roompillow menuharbour viewshower headking bedfree wificuba stnew zealanda bit tired
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Just returned from a 4 night stay at the Amora Hotel whilst visiting family in Wellington. We had a room located on the 8th floor and the view of the harbour was fantastic. Slightly obstructed to one side by construction but not enough to bother us. The room was spacious, clean and the bed was comfortable. Hotel is well located. We had a package which included breakfast for two of our mornings. The food was delicious but there seemed to be a delay with keeping up the supplies of the cooked food as perhaps many people arrived for breakfast at the same time. I was a little disappointed the coffee machine did not provide the 'cappuccino' option and if we wished to order one, we would have been charged. A charge also applies to any other type of egg but scrambled. Wellington turned on some beautiful weather for us and we packed many activities into our 4 day stay. Loved it all. Would definitely recommend the Amora Hotel - especially if you can stay when they are offering special packages.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
AmoraHotelWellington, General Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear WAM1234Sydney,
Your comments are very much appreciated and I thank you for taking the time to post a review. I will address the issues that you experienced in relation to your breakfast, as we do take all feedback on board and make adjustments to our service where necessary. It sounds like you had a lovely visit to Wellington, and I do hope you will consider staying with us again when you are next in town.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed here for a few nights back in October for WOW show,
overall a really good choice of hotel in Wellington. Nice welcome,
rooms, restaurant and bar etc, the only things that I
would say is they have their books you can request a thicker
pillow, which I did, but it never turned up, rang up again
to chase and it still didnt turn up, apart from that best hotel ive stayed
at in Wellington, Ill be back again one day.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
AmoraHotelWellington, General Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear sarah p,
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you rate us the "best hotel in Wellington" - what very encouraging feedback! I am sorry however, to read that your pillow order was not fulfilled, and I will address this issue with my housekeeping team. Please accept my apologies for this oversight. I do hope you will get the opportunity to visit us at the Amora Hotel Wellington again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

A bit, very efficient hotel located right across the street from the convention centre and down the bay from Te Papa.
Nice large rooms with lovely view of the harbour.
Excellent breakfast.
Friendly and helpful staff.

Room Tip: Ask for the view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear jdarcyAuckland,
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments which I will relay to my team; it is always such a pleasure to receive positive feedback! I do hope you get the opportunity to stay at the Amora Hotel Wellington again soon.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Very well located for Wellington waterfront activities, Te Papa and Downtown. Large comfortable room and bed. Wellington is renowned for wind, you have to expect that, but the wind noise in the room was so loud both nights that I barely slept, and this was a no more windy than usual time in Wellington, so I suspect its a feature of the building design & construction itself (or its lack of soundproofing) that made it so noisy. Other than that it's a perfectly adequate, though not outstanding typical large metropolitan hotel.

Room Tip: I suspect the rooms on higher floors may have less of the wind tunnel effect
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear ZKDave,
I am sorry that you experienced high noise levels from the wind; in order to address this it would be very much appreciated if you could contact the hotel to advise us of the room you were in, so that we may investigate this further. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our fantastic location and found your room and bed to be comfortable. Thank you for providing a review, and I do hope you will consider a return visit when you are next in Wellington.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We paid the extra for the "club" experience and felt quite pampered. The room was lovely with great view over harbour - but be quick, there's a new building going up across the road! We dined at the restaurant and it was excellent.

This isn't cheap but it's reasonable value for money.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a club room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
AmoraHotelWellington, General Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Kerry M,
It is fantastic to read that you had such a pleasurable stay at the Amora Hotel Wellington, enjoying your dining experience in our Grill Restaurant and the use of our Club Lounge facility. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from our guests, as we endeavour to deliver that perfect guest experience. I do hope you will visit us again the next time you are in Wellington.