“Unimpressed and won't return!”

Amora Hotel Wellington
Ranked #7 of 47 Hotels in Wellington
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My partner and I flew to Wellington for my birthday and I made a mistake choosing Amora in Wellington :( There are not many 5-star hotels in Wellington and sadly Sofitel only opens later this year. It is not worth paying for the club lounge because they served us frozen deep fried finger food! Having said that, Mylene looked after us really well when we were in the lounge. Jason was the only staff in the reception who was friendly and always had a smile in his face. The rest of the reception staff didn't smile much! We were disappointed that a hotel like Amora could run out of umbrellas given it is located in Wellington! During our stay, it had been raining and the umbrellas at Amora were selling like hot cakes!!! Another let down was the unavailability of a safe in the room! After our experience at Amora Wellington, we will never stay at any other Amora hotels.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank AG1781rtw
AmoraHotelWellington, General Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear AG1781rtw,
I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay, and I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. I have taken note of your comments and will take these into consideration; however I am happy that you found the service of our staff members Mylene and Jason to be of a pleasing standard. I do hope you might consider a return visit at some time in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I stayed for two nights over a weekend. Large clean room with separate bath and decent size shower. Comfy bed with different pillows to choose from. Loved the view of the city and waterfront and watching the hustle and bustle of town. I enjoyed watching the Interislander come and go. Yes we heard the odd siren, but the noise from outside was very minimal. Prime location to walk around town, waterfront, Te Papa, etc. Room service was great. Our deal included buffet breakfast each day, and what a great spread! Variety of breads alone was amazing, fruit and cooked food, drinks, the works. Very enjoyable. The room was spacious and well appointed. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Enjoyed the view of water to watch the interislander come and go.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynley M
AmoraHotelWellington, General Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Lynley M,
I very much appreciate your feedback, and in particular your comments in relation to the standard of your breakfast which I will pass on to my F&B team. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay here in Wellington at the Amora Hotel and I hope that you will get the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband and I recently stayed, we had a room on the 8th floor with a fantastic view, the room was lovely, nice and modern with stylish decor, the bathroom is in need of a makeover but it was functional, clean and tidy and the water was nice and not. Great buffet spread for breakfast and parking was affordable and close by. I would definitely stay again. The only downside was the noisy traffic but should be quieter during the week.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda M

Dear Amanda M,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am delighted that you found the decor of your room, the hotel cleanliness, and your breakfast in our Grill Restaurant, to be of a high standard and I do hope you will consider a return visit to the Amora Hotel Wellington in the near future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed here with my sister during a recent visit to Wellington and I was greatly impressed by our room and the location of this hotel. It's directly across the street from the waterfront and Te Papa, and just block or so away from Cuba St. where there's a very eclectic and awesome row of restaurants. The staff was always friendly and helpful and our room was gorgeous! Great place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
AmoraHotelWellington, General Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear ReineS,
Thanks so much for your very encouraging review highlighting the fantastic location we are lucky to enjoy here at the Amora Wellington, the service of our staff and the cleanliness of your room. I trust you enjoyed your time here in New Zealand and I hope you will get the opportunity to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights after a long flight from Canada. The Hotel was clean, quiet and located within walking distance to everything Wellington has to offer. I would definitely stay there again and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roger S

Dear Roger S,
Thanks so much for taking the time to provide a review; your kind comments are very much appreciated by myself and my team here at the Amora Hotel Wellington, and I hope you get the opportunity to visit us again on a future trip to New Zealand!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Excellent location, close to Tepapa and waterfront and dining, achievable even on crutches!
Very comfortable rooms and the pillow selection results in a perfect night's sleep. Restaurant happy to cater for gluten free and small appetites. Staff very accommodating. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Request city I.e. l.h.s. of building facing harbour and 3rd floor or above to get a view of harbour.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
AmoraHotelWellington, General Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Hilary B,
Thanks so much for taking the time to post such a fantastic review of your stay! It was a pleasure to read your feedback detailing your experience here at the Amora Hotel Wellington, and I do hope you get the opportunity to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

My husband & I spent the weekend here and the location is fantastic. Even though in the city it's very quiet in the rooms. The only downer is the 2 beds pushed together to make a king, very hard bump. Great breakfast and good view if you are up on a high floor. Walking distance to great pubs, restaurants & the waterfront. Love the city vibe. Otherwise that's where we'll always stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear jojopopo,
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your breakfast and the superb location that we are lucky to have here at the Amora Wellington. I have taken on board your comment in relation to the bed and am in the process of addressing this issue, so will take your comment into consideration. I do appreciate your feedback and I hope that you will visit us again when you are next in Wellington.