“Quick Visit”

Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Wellington
Napier, New Zealand
“Quick Visit”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My wife and I spent three nights in late June. Check in was quick and friendly. Our room was right opposite the lifts so had some noise from people in the middle of the night. The lifts were very quick and we rarely had to wait long for a lift. The room was spacious with comfortable chairs. The bed was so so, not as comfortable as a bed at say Rydges. Bathroom was also spacious with a strong water pressure. Location of the hotel was good. About 20 minutes to Parliament was the furthest distant we had to walk. The foreshore was about a five minute walk then you could follow the foreshore as far as you wanted for your daily excise. We had three days of lovely weather which mean our daily walks were a real joy. The biggest negative was no parking as the car park the hotel uses was closed. As with everything the staff were really helpful it showing us the nearest car park.

Room Tip: Get a room away from teh lifts.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
AmoraHotelWellington, General Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Ian58_12,
Thanks so much for taking the time to provide a review of your stay. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the convenient location we are lucky to have here at the Amora Hotel Wellington, and that the weather was kind to you! We do have some car parking available (a fee does apply) which we advise our guests to pre-book prior to their stay; I am sorry that this was not available for you to use during your time here. Thanks again for your feedback, and I do hope you will consider a return visit in the near future.
Liam Craughwell, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Room 715... great wake up views, quiet, service just the best, restaurant excellent, nothing too much trouble. Tried the Spa on this visit, had lovely relaxing massage. Central location and you can walk to any area of the CBD. Te Papa over the road. Free Wifi. Already booked again for Sept.

Room Tip: 712 -718 all on the front, quiet with lovely views. Not sure about others as I just ask for these no...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Carol K,
I am delighted that you had a pleasant and relaxing time here at the Amora Hotel Wellington, and that you found the service of our staff and your experience in our Grill Restaurant to be of a high standard. Thanks so much for providing a review, and I hope to welcome you back again in the near future.
Whanganui, New Zealand
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My room was spotless - which was very much appreciated. Good location. Walked to town and very handy to Te Papa.
Large rooms. Bathroom was excellent. Large shower with great water pressure. Separate bath.
Recommend

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
AmoraHotelWellington, General Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Erin C,
Thanks so much for your feedback Erin! It is such a pleasure to read positive feedback from our guests as it provides my staff with motivation and encouragement in response to all their hard work. I do hope you will visit us again at the Amora Hotel Wellington, in the near future.
Bay of Plenty Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Really enjoyed my 4 night stay at the Amora. From the time we arrived, we were greeted with a lovely smile and check-in sorted effortlessly. The room was very clean and warm even without the air conditioning on. Although there was a light traffic noise it did not disturb this light sleeper. The customer service was excellent and the atmosphere welcoming. Breakfast options in the restaurant were very adequate. Dinner buffets were good but not fantastic. I did however order Fish and Chips from the bar menu and it was fantastic. Overall I really enjoyed my stay and would certainly go back again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mrs Guptill,
Thanks so much for providing a very encouraging review of your stay, which I will share with my team. I was pleased to read your comments in relation to the service provided by our staff, and the cleanliness of your room, and I do hope to welcome you back to the Amora Hotel Wellington the next time you are in town.
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

A bit dated - needs double glazed windows too noisy!!

No parking provided, valet expensive.

Very poor gymnasium.

Customer service was bad. At the checking in, they said nothing will be processed on my credit card. Will pay till your checkout time. After find out that my credit card is processed $225. And the following date when I check out they told me is not a charged on my card. Is just a hold on my card and need to waiting for two day to released. So what is the difference?? I can't use that money unroll two day later. And also I ask for the recipe. They said they normally don't give body a recipe.

The very noisey air conditioning. Marking a noise every 5min.

No free internet which is normally get fully free Wi-Fi for a 5 star hotel.

Carrying own bags to your rooms?? 5Star hotel??? Where is the bellboy??? What the trolley stay in the front door for??? For guest self service??

Don't want to write anymore. Won't stay again. And highly not recommend!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sharon-Hugh
Dear Sharon-Hugh,
I am disappointed to read your feedback of your recent stay, and I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please don't hesitate to contact me at the hotel on 04 473 3900 if you would like to discuss these issues further. I do hope you will consider a return visit in the future.
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This hotel is well worth considering when in Wellington. Maybe getting a little tired but still very clean and comfortable and reasonably priced. Near to Te Papa and the Michael Fowler Centre and an easy walk to the shopping precinct of Lambton Quay. King size bed was an essential and room quiet and well temperature controlled by an easy to use thermostat. Stayed 5 days and only probelm was inability to get late check out as the hotel was very busy.

Room Tip: My room was on level 5 with a good view of the harbour
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Brian/Cheryl P,
Thanks so much for providing a very encouraging review! I was pleased to read that you found your room to be clean and comfortable, and that you enjoyed our very convenient location. I do hope you will consider a return visit to the Amora Hotel Wellington in the near future.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have just spent 2 nights in wellington at this fabulous hotel.

From checking in to checking out, every member of staff was attentive, friendly and keen to deliver quality service.

My room on the Club level was very modern with an attention to detail in design and spotless. There was a pillow menu to suit every traveller. Room service was exceptional - restaurant quality meal, delivered quickly and very reasonably priced.

I like staying in hotels with a club lounge, particularly if travelling alone. The breakfast provided in the lounge was delicious, with an extensive choice of hot breakfasts cooked to order. The quality and size of portion was amazing. However, my only criticism of the hotel is the evening lounge experience. As has been mentioned in previous TripAdvisor reviews, the food is terrible. Mainly thawed and deep fried. The guest is provided with a plate of assorted, mostly inedible, food. Having said that, the hostess substituted for a fresh cheese platter. My point is that it would be better for the guest to have a choice to start with, rather than throwing out a whole plate per guest of food that they didn't choose and did not want to eat. A small selection would be much better from the guests' point of view.

However I would stay at the Amora, next time, particularly if this feedback was taken on board.

Room Tip: Club level rooms, level 9, are great. Nice water views.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Virginnia P,
Thanks so much for providing feedback of your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your room and the service provided by our staff . I have taken note of your experience with the evening service in our Club Lounge, and I would like to assure you that this issue has been addressed, and the evening canape service has undergone an upgrade as a result of the recent feedback we have experienced. I do hope you will consider a return visit, and I thank you again for providing a review of your stay.