“Central location”
Review of ibis Wellington

ibis Wellington
Ranked #17 of 46 Hotels in Wellington

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Rotorua, New Zealand
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The occasion was a school centenary. We had asked to have my party accommodated on the same floor - some were there but others were given rooms on other floors. The room was good. No view despite being the first to book, but not a problem for me and it was quiet, the bed comfortable, controllable air conditioning plus fridge and tea/coffee making facilities, and a radio I could tune to the Concert Programme. The promised lounge area to meet friends turned out to be very small, just inside the entrance. Reserved tables for a meal and breakfasts were forgotten but staff were quickly on the ball placing signs on them when reminded. Staff were always very helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ronald M
IbisWellington, Manager at ibis Wellington, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback. We appreciate your comments regarding your experience with us.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We walked all over Wellington from the Ibis- perfect location. I booked this hotel as a stopover for my move to New Zealand, and had six large pieces of luggage with me- hotel staff was extremely nice and allowed me to check in an hour early, when I had been dropped off by an airport shuttle. They also allowed me to store all six of the bags for an hour after check out while we secured transportation out of Wellington. (And they never once rolled their eyes at me as I scooted a large box and five duffels down the hallway) That being said, the room was on the small side and located down a narrow hallway; and, be sure to draw the curtains if you are on the first or second floor because you have a straight line of sight into the buildings directly across and opposite.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SanDiegoKiwi
Thank you very much for your feedback. We hope your move has been as stress-free as possible and you're happy in your new location. All the best.
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I thought the room was very small, for me personally it wasn't some where I would recommend. This was my free night, there was no mention of free wifi, I wasn't made to feel special and because I never booked a carpark when I booked online I had to park on the street.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Daniel H
Thank you for your feedback and scores following your recent stay. We were sorry to read that you were not made to feel special. We are disappointed to have let you down in this regard. Thank you for sharing your experience.