“Home away from Home”

The Lodge at the Inlet
The Lodge at the Inlet
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I was lucky enough to stumble across "The Lodge At the Inlets'" website after searching for
" luxury" accommodation in and around Porirua. I was on a business trip and required a quiet, comfortable and friendly resting place for a night.

From the moment I arrived I felt right at home having been personally welcomed by Peter the owner and even though it was a Monday evening which is normally quiet for their business he made sure I received the very best of service and was looked after exceptionally well.

The bedroom was very comfortable, the food was hearty and wholesome and the customer service was excellent. I can highly recommend "The Lodge at the Inlet" to any busy business traveller looking for the comforts and warmth of home whilst travelling on a busy schedule and seeking out a peaceful nights sleep.

The views and location are spectacular as are the grounds.

I look forward to my return visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
OwnerTheLodge, Owner at The Lodge at the Inlet, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for your comments, it was a pleasure to host you for your short stay in Wellington.
Look forward to hosting you again in the future

There are newer reviews for The Lodge at the Inlet

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We recently had our wedding at The Lodge and our day was just perfect. Peter, Viv and their team were fantastic. They provided excellent, friendly service. That included going the extra mile not only for ourselves as bride and groom, but our guests also. The food was lovely and after negotiating the menu options with Peter in our planning, our menu couldn't have been better. The venue is lovely, the decor and decorations have been chosen beautifully. It was so nice to have our ceremony in the courtyard around the fish pond and our photos taken around the lovely grounds. Our family and friends haven't stopped talking about our wedding day at The Lodge. Thank you Peter for all your help with the planning. And thank you to you, Viv and your team for our perfect wedding day.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
OwnerTheLodge, Owner at The Lodge at the Inlet, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Thank you for your review. It was a privilege to host your special day and to share your special moments. We would love you to visit The Lodge again and we look forward to welcoming you back on your first wedding anniversary for a complementary stay subject to availability.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I knew as soon as we saw the place, this venue was going to be the place where we got married. The venue has a great atmosphere about it. It had the wonderful balance of chic, style, warmth and comfort as well as graceful elegant touch. I loved that you could roam the grounds and explore the beautiful sections of the property, whether you look out at the scenic view, or enjoy the beautiful art and courtyard. The host and staff were amazing. They bent themselves backwards to make sure we were happy and gave us plenty of advice and communication leading up to the big day. Our wedding went off without a hitch and I must give thanks, as it was the lovely staff at The Lodge that made this happen. The courtyard and reception looked superb, all the food served was divine (I had so many guests comment on how delicious the food was) and the staff, including the host, were an absolute delight. They looked after our every whim and made sure we had a marvelous evening. The entire day and evening was absolutely perfect and I honestly don't think it could have been this fantastic at any other location. We had so many guests come up to us during the evening and compliment us on the choice of location, they just loved the food, the atmosphere and the friendly staff. I cannot compliment this place enough. If I had to do it all again, I would come back to The Lodge. Thank-you for making our special day so amazing and memorable. Simply, perfect.

Room Tip: Get the Bridal Suite! Makes a difference knowing you don't have to travel after the reception.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
OwnerTheLodge, Owner at The Lodge at the Inlet, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Our daughters venue was a wonderful choice, the moment we walked through the courtyard the staff were very welcoming. They offered support for the wedding couple all through their special day, the staff were professional in every way. The food was excellent, the canopies offered prior to the buffet were of a high quality standard and the buffet meal was superb. The manager was always around to offer any support required and to ensure everything ran smoothly for our daughter and son-in laws wedding, it all went off without any problems at all.
The atmosphere of the venue was of a classic style and this ensured a very relaxing day and night but most of all the guests had a wonderful time and the wedding couple were extremely satisfied with their stay at the lodge.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. It was a privilege to host your family and friends and to share your daughter's special day.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

From the minute we walked through the door we knew this was the venue for us. Set on top of the hill overlooking the Pauatahanui Inlet it felt we were miles away from the city - but we were not. We utilised the Harbour View room for our small group with a number of other spaces for breakout areas. The room was spacious, light and gave us flexibility to work as one group as well as smaller groups. I can't speak highly enough of the owners - nothing was too much trouble and they were very accommodating when it came to working within our budget. The food was plentiful, fresh produce and full of flavour. We had a number of people staying in the accommodation rooms and the feedback from these was also excellent. If your looking for a venue where customer service is high and you receive good value for money then this is the place for you.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have just finished having another event at The Lodge. This will be my fifth time using the Lodge and I would like to say I am really happy as usual with the venue, the level of service, fantastic value and the great hosts and staff. My events can be difficult and the hosts are always so flexible with my last minute changes. They have always made my guests feel totally welcome. The feed back from my guests have been fantastic and they and I have recommended The Lodge to many others. The surroundings of The Lodge makes beautiful photos and the buildings themselves are tops in my books. Thankyou so much to the lovely hosts Viv and Pete you made my day again!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are fantastic, especially the one with the views
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank McBride841
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I thought this place was hired to provide a service to the bride & groom as the price they charged was not worth it.leading up to the big day owners request the wedding time be bought forward. The meal was certainly not $80-$90 per head,who orders wine to be removed from tables when they are not empty.Rip off on corkage price and you still wish to make money over the bar at unbelievable prices.Shame on them for hastling the bride & groom on the night, owners manner did not go unnoticed.They should be ashamed to be in the hospitality trade I suggest to them get out now as you certainly did not make me or others feel welcome or go the extra mile for our guests. It was to much of a chore for you. Shame on you ripping off my kids all they really wanted from you was help in organising their special day - YOU LET THEM DOWN

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank hagan39
OwnerTheLodge, Owner at The Lodge at the Inlet, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you for your comments and refer you to our response to two prior reviews from your whanau. We recognise your dissatisfaction with your son’s wedding and we continue to encourage your son and daughter in law to discuss the issues raised in the Trip Advisor reviews personally with us, it appears that they have chosen not to do so. Our door is always open to discuss any concerns they may have.