Comfortable hotel within walking distance of Te Papa and good restaurants. It's a mostly renovated former gentleman's club (English variety), but some parts, such as the ceiling above the stairs, still need renovating. Staff were friendly and helpful and we'd definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1922 the Hotel is a category one Heritage building. It has 13 bedrooms each unique in character with generous bathrooms. It is nestled in central Wellington handy to the waterfront, railway station and ferries, government centre, parliament, the courts, business district, cable car, and Lambton Quay shopping and the stadium. All are within easy walking distance. Public transport is close by. Te Papa 20 minutes walk, Courtenay Place 30 minutes walk. The Hotel does not have it's own parking but there is parking available. Parking is free outside the Hotel from 6:00pm to 8:00am Monday to Thursday and after 8:00pm Friday and all weekend. Personal service and attention to detail is a priority and our "1815 Cafe and Bar" which is open from 7am until 8pm (Monday to Friday) for breakfast, lunch, light meals morning and afternoon teas and as a house bar . Coffee is a speciality. Free wiFi. Spoil yourself with a stay at Wellington's finest Boutique Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wellesley Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wellesley Hotel Wellington
- Wellesley Boutique Hotel Wellington
- Wellesley Wellington
- Wellington Wellesley