We have stayed here often in the past and love it because each room is furnished in a different style and decor. So different from the modern hotels where each room is the same as the next. Although affected by the regulations following the Christchurch earthquake we never felt unsafe there. Beatrice on the front desk was charming and from the first communication over the phone to welcoming us to the hotel she was a great asset to the place. My one criticism is that it would seem they have changed hands and some things are different. For instance I always judge a hotel by the toiletries for one. Wellesley has always had Molton Brown which were lovely and spoke of luxury. Now these have been changed to standard hotel ones which was disappointing. Also no longer welcome chocs or biscuits in the room (and we had the top executive rooms). Also there is no restaurant anymore although there is a cafe where you can get food until 8pm. Thus some of the romance has gone. Wifi, although free is short lasting and expensive to buy more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1922 the Hotel is a category one Heritage building. It has 13 bedrooms each unique in character with generous bathrooms. It is nestled in central Wellington handy to the waterfront, railway station and ferries, government centre, parliament, the courts, business district, cable car, and Lambton Quay shopping and the stadium. All are within easy walking distance. Public transport is close by. Te Papa 20 minutes walk, Courtenay Place 30 minutes walk. The Hotel does not have it's own parking but there is parking available. Parking is free outside the Hotel from 6:00pm to 8:00am Monday to Thursday and after 8:00pm Friday and all weekend. Personal service and attention to detail is a priority and our "1815 Cafe and Bar" which is open from 7am until 8pm (Monday to Friday) for breakfast, lunch, light meals morning and afternoon teas and as a house bar . Coffee is a speciality. Free wiFi. Spoil yourself with a stay at Wellington's finest Boutique Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Wellesley Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wellesley Hotel Wellington
- Wellesley Boutique Hotel Wellington
- Wellesley Wellington
- Wellington Wellesley