“A Great Evening”

Heaven Woodfire Pizza
Ranked #142 of 979 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The locals have loved Heaven Woodfire Pizza for five years out in Waikanae. So we thought we'd bring our restaurant to upper Cuba Street. We believe in using fresh ingredients to create the tastiest dishes. Our menu has something for everyone, at prices that are sure to please. So visit us at 247 Cuba Street and check out the delicious food and amazing atmosphere.until late 8 days a week heavenpizza. co. nz
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Spent our last evening in Wellington and decided to go to Heaven Woodfire Pizza. This establishment did not disappoint! Great pizza, beer on tap, fun staff and unique decor. It was definitely a highlight of dining experience traveling through New Zealand.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

The atmosphere and staff are both warm and welcoming, the seating and decor unique to Heaven. I've been here on two separate occasions, once for lunch and then for dinner. Lunch was nice. We each ordered an inexpensive small pizza each and they were good enough, but not excellent. When you go to a pizza restaurant that isn't a take away you expect perfect, luscious pizza and we walked away thinking that it was okay...

Recently I returned for dinner still holding onto a little hope. I wasn't disappointed with the Margherita pizza. The base was thin and crispy, the flavours were fresh and it wasn't swamped with cheese. Mwah, delicious. My only criticism of the Margherita would be not enough basil.

My friend ordered the Mediterranean pizza which is exactly what it says it is, do not order it with the idealistic dream we had of it. The herb and olive oil covering the base was quite salty and next to the Margherita it was less than appealing.

I would and probably will return, but will in future stick to that beautiful Margherita pizza.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Went here yesterday for dinner. Being spoiled having been to Italy a whole lot in my life, I have pretty high pizza standards. Heaven was good. I had pancetta and my girlfriend had the vegatable pizza. The crust was good, but the topping was average. Pancetta wasn't great and there was not option for Bufallo mozzarella. For drinks we had a carafe of red wine, which was a decent red house wine (liter for $23 is a pretty good deal too). Overall, pretty good, but I'll explore more pizza places around here! Oh and the music in the restaurant can be strange sometimes, hard rock is not really my choice for dinner music!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Great choice of really yummy pizza! Best woodfire pizza in the city and great location. Beer on tap as well :)

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Its a nice place to have a snack for lunch and even for dinnertime its perfect. The pizza is just derlicious!