I stayed here one week recently, accompanying my husband on a business trip. We had an Executive Superior King room over looking Grey Street and toward Lambton Harbour. The rooms are pretty big, the bed was extremely comfy and we had a choice of 3 types of pillow, and the bathroom was huge with a walk in shower and spa tub.
The location is really impressive. The staff were very friendly and attentive, and the concierge was thankfully very knowledgeable, recommending some great local shops, giving directions to sites and local services, all very walkable. The hotel provides a map with nearby sites (easy to walk to the Cable Car, Museums or Parliament) and list of restaurants - almost all of which I tried and had spectacular food!! After which, walking and dining, a swim in the hotel rooftop pool or spa, or a workout with any number of equipment including a few rowing machines, is greatly welcomed!
When I was there, they were refurbishing rooms in the top two levels. On our second night, there was an little service inconvenience, and I asked the Duty Manager, Casey, about it. She showed very personal concern and even though we only had two more nights, she offered to move us to a refurbished room on the club level! Well, I couldn't pass that up. It was extremely kind, and the room was elegant and tastefully decorated. Even though I didn't mind finding breakfast outside, the Club level lounge had the most amazing sweeping view of the harbour, and offered a great range of local breakfast options including smoked salmon, fresh muesli and fruits, several breads, jams, cheeses and cold meats, smoothies, and getting personally made fine espresso coffee was a real treat!
If I ever come to Wellington again, I would stay here! It is so central, the rooms are bright and big and quiet, the staff were really helpful, and the facilities were great. First time to Wellington, I hope I do come back.
Tip: Internet is very expensive in Wellington, even Starbucks only provides 30 minutes. Get yourself a sim card from the Telecom NZ shop for your ipad or phone, it was about $30 for 500Mb Data and good for a month, great for just using the internet. Or if you stay in Club level, internet is included, which is great too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adjacent to Wellington's waterfront, InterContinental Wellington is the most centrally-located and experienced global five-star hotel in New Zealand's capital city. It is the seamless and personal service of the team that makes your Wellington experience truly memorable. Spend time with the award-winning concierge team whose tips and insider knowledge can help you discover Wellington arts, events, shopping, and culinary cultures. Whether you choose a standard room or upgrade to a fully-refurbished Deluxe Guestroom you will always stay connected with state of the art technology. Awake rejuvenated after a tranquil night's sleep from your brand new bed with a personalised wake up service. Treat yourself by selecting a Club InterContinental Guestroom or Suite. These offer access to the world-class newly recreated Club InterContinental Lounge with expansive harbour views which will leave you feeling impressed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Wellington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Wellington Hotel Wellington
- Wellington Intercontinental