1,725 results
All reviews the club lounge chameleon restaurant booked a club room pre dinner drinks high tea concierge staff wake up call an upgrade cable car new zealand harbour view pillow menu valet parking bed was very comfortable location is excellent the heart of the city te papa museum
Reviewed 3 October 2016

Spending time here for over 12 years, first when deciding on the Wellington Community for my future home, and second whenever there is a time to spoil me, my partner or any friends that I love. I've spent years enjoying this environment, this top of the line service, this luxury ... that I deserve! At least every now and then now that I live and breathe in this region, this is my home away from home. Just do it! Worth every penny!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
InterContinentalWgtn, General Manager at InterContinental Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2016

Dear Karen G,

Thank you for your lovely comment.

I appreciate you choosing to stay with us recently.
I am delighted you enjoyed your time here over the years, top service and luxury.
We strive for high level of service in all aspects and we are committed to guest satisfaction and we appreciate the opportunity to make sure your stay with us was comfortable and relaxed.
Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 October 2016

We booked into our hotel and were given an upgrade on check in. I was traveling on my own with 2 kids aged 6 and 3, and the staff were so helpful, nothing was too much trouble. I ordered room service for their dinner and one of the items was not available. They rang to say that they didn't have it in stock and then when the food was delivered there was a complimentary chocolate platter. All the staff that i dealt with from check in to concierge were outstanding. The location was really convenient with a supermarket walking distance as well as restaurants and coffee shops

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
InterContinentalWgtn, General Manager at InterContinental Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2016

Dear richnsands,

Thank you for your lovely comment.

I am pleased you chose to stay with us during your recent visit to Wellington.
I have read your comment and I am delighted you enjoyed your time here, staff were so helpful and outstanding service, location was convenient and within walking distance to the supermarket, restaurants and coffee shops.
We are committed to guest satisfaction and we appreciate the opportunity to make sure you and your children were made comfortable and relaxed.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 2 October 2016

i just stayed at this hotel in one of the busiest times of their year for the WOW. The service was first class, from the men welcoming at the door to the staff doing the bookings. The rooms a good size with good views. A little tired in places and the housework let it down, with the dusting not done in the rooms, and the standard box of consumable ie cotton buds etc had been there a long time by looking at the state of it. Our lift pass gave us so much trouble the entire weekend, even getting stuck in it. We requested a new one but it was just re-swiped so ineffectual. The staff in the club room were 5 star with service and courtesy. The staff in the coffee lounge quite rude. on asking for a 1/4 strength latte, resulting in an off white, and extra hot the waitress said yes, with a flat look. I knew she didn't understand so I repeated it politely, she looked me up and down and said "yes", of course it came out warm and very strong. I noticed none of them made eye contact or smiled when requesting a wine. would be good to send them upstairs for a few lessons on service. ps. a degree is required to work out how everything works automatically, electrical drapes didn't work, and the electrician left note to say push the button. Did that many times and ended up doing it by hand which is not good for the mechanism, Great location for museum and waterfront.

Room Tip: request water view and entry to the club rooms, a little extra but worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear amanda c,

Thank you for your feedback.

The team and I appreciate you choosing to stay with us recently.
I am delighted you enjoyed your time here, first class service from the moment of arrival, good size room, staff in Club Lounge were 5 star service and courteous.
But I am saddened we did not meet all your expectations.
We strive for high level of service in all aspects and we certainly appreciate the opportunity to address your concern.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed at the Intercontinental for two nights. Service is as expected for an intercontinental and the hotel is beautiful, very business oriented and great. We were upgraded to a room on the 6th floor which was very spacious, including a nice city view, had a comfortable couch, desk and large screen tv with a king sized bed. Bed was the most comfortable hotel bed in NZ to date, really excellent with a nice fluffy down comforter and feather bed attached. Turndown service is provided nightly with two bottles of water provided. Toiletries are standard for a 5 star hotel - but i find it strange that top hotels don't provide toiletries for two people unless asked specifically. Bathroom is well lit, with a rain shower and a regular shower head. Water pressure could be better - standard for US hotels, not as strong as what I have had in New Zealand. Buffet breakfast was included in our room, and the hotel breakfast is excellent - you can order freshly made egg dishes, pancakes, and waffles and the buffet consists of hot and cold items including poached eggs, potato cakes, baked beans, sausage, chicken, bacon, and sautéed mushrooms. In addition there is a nice selection of cereals, including hot oatmeal, toppings, a nice selection of different breads and pastries, a toaster, fruit, cheeses, cold meats, and salad. Also includes fresh yogurt and smoothies. really really great breakfast options so if you can get the breakfast - go for it, you won't have to eat all day.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
InterContinentalWgtn, General Manager at InterContinental Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2016

Dear LiLPPB0812,

Thank you for your lovely feedback.

The team and I appreciate you choosing to stay with us whilst in Wellington.
I have read your comment and I am delighted you enjoyed your two nights here, very spacious, nice view of the city, comfortable couch, the most comfortable bed, hotel breakfast excellent.
We are committed to guest satisfaction and we appreciate the opportunity to make sure your stay with us was comfortable and relaxed.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 28 September 2016

I have booked this through company travel, the service is good, very nice. Like it!

The room is bit of old, but furniture and TV are ok.

The gym definitely old and small, need expand a little bit.

The breakfast is good, I got discount on the arrival, 25$ per person.

Room Tip: The higher floor have better room, newly renovated at the higher level. but it will cost more as well.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
InterContinentalWgtn, General Manager at InterContinental Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2016

Dear Felton A,

Thank you for your comment.

I appreciate you choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Wellington.
I am delighted you enjoyed your time here, room a bit old but furniture and TV are ok, breakfast is good.
We are committed to guest satisfaction and we certainly appreciate the opportunity to address your concern.

Best regards,