Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$160
PricelineUS$159
InterContinentalUS$160
travelup.comUS$177
Hotels.comUS$160
TravelocityUS$160
2,020 results
All reviews the club lounge high tea concierge staff an upgrade new zealand harbour view valet parking location is excellent buffet breakfast central location te papa lambton quay ihg chameleon gym nz foyer
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 August 2019 via mobile

It’s always the excellent hospitality, the location very good in the center you don’t need transport to move every thing near, the staff nice and helpful, the room clean and very good equipped, breakfast buffet with many selections, internet fast

Trip type: Travelled with family
ICW1, Administrator at InterContinental Wellington, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2019

Dear year062,

Thank you for your lovely feedback.

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us during your time in Wellington.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us.
We use feedback such as yours, to continuously make changes to improve our guest experience.
We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2019

My second visit did not disappoint. We were met by our driver in the Arrivals Hall, he collected our bags and carried them to the hotel's car. I was handed my check-in form to complete and was then handed the key to our room and our bags were delivered before we reached the room.
After a wet and windy afternoon exploring Wellington, we were delighted with the excellent meal in the Chameleon Restaurant. Attentive service but not overpowering.
Breakfast the following morning was again superb.

2  Thank Glenys W
ICW1, Administrator at InterContinental Wellington, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2019

Dear Glenys,

Thank you for your lovely feedback.

We are pleased you chose to stay with us very recently.
We are delighted to read you enjoyed your time here.
Please know your feedback is extremely valuable to us.
A positive guest experience is something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.
We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 8 August 2019

Always so nice coming back to the Intercontinental Wellington. My first stay was in July 2019 and I got a lovely spacious room. Room service was amazing and was brought to me on time.

I stayed again in August and I was worried they wouldn't live up to their standards as I had such a good experience the first time. Once again, they did it again, I am always so impressed with room service and the menu is always so good with great food to chose from.

Customer service is always good too.

It was nice to see Keith, concierge?, at the front. Nice to see a familiar face :)

1  Thank ELELELELEL
ICW1, Administrator at InterContinental Wellington, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2019

Dear ELELELELEL,

Thank you for your lovely comments.

We are pleased you chose to stay with us very recently.
We are delighted to read you enjoyed your time here.
Please know your feedback is extremely valuable to us.
We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 6 August 2019 via mobile

I spent one night here last month. The entrance to the hotel is stock standard.
The Room: I got given, what I presume, is a standard room on the 3rd floor. The room itself was quite nice albeit a little awkward. The lighting in the room is quite dark and I constantly felt like I wanted to turn another light on. There was a huge desk with a chair facing one window but you couldn't work there at night as there's no lighting for it at all. Hardly any power points which was a pain. There was a massive flat screen TV on the one side of the desk which worked well and is a nice change to the usual tinier ones. Tea and coffee making facilities which are good quality T2 with 2 free biscuits which was a nice touch. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be soundproofing on the windows and I struggled to get to sleep with the noise of late night revellers in the street with their coming and going from being out at bars I guess.
Food: I ordered a breakfast of muesli and yoghurt through room service and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was well presented and very tasty.
The Bathroom:
This was incredibly disappointing and I'd say 3* at best. These are obviously the cheap end unrenovated rooms as the bathroom was old and outdated. There was a massive corner spa bath that had hair and black mouldy stuff in the jets and the bath itself looked grimy. The tiles are old and tragic and some chipped. The shower wasn't good either with really old tired tiles which looked a bit stained in the grout and two old shower heads pointing to the middle from each side - it was a weird sort of triangle shaped shower - just weird as you'd never fit two people in the shower...
The toiletries were good with a dental kit and a few extras that you would expect to receive in a 5*.
Overall I wasn't really impressed with my stay and don't feel it's worth the money or 5* rating! In a 5* hotel ALL rooms and bathrooms should be renovated and modern!
I will be in Wellington for short one and two night stays going forward and am not really looking forward to having to stay in these rooms!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Kiwi_Saffas
ICW1, Administrator at InterContinental Wellington, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2019

Dear Kiwi_Saffas,

Thank you for your comments.

The team and I appreciate you choosing to stay with us whilst in Wellington.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
However, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused during your visit and
for not living up to your expectations regarding the conditions of the room and bathroom.
Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on.
Rest assured your feedback will be forwarded to all concerned departments.
We value you as our guest and hope to accommodate you again for a chance to provide you
with a much better experience.

Reviewed 5 August 2019

Favourite hotel in Wellington. Upgraded to beautiful room. Staff very friendly and welcoming. Had room service dinner which was so yummy. Breakfast buffet has a great selection and again staff were very helpful. Can't wait to stay again

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank EggGirl
ICW1, Administrator at InterContinental Wellington, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2019

Dear EggGirl,

Thank you for your lovely comments.

The team and I appreciate you choosing to stay with us during your time in Wellington.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us.
We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.