“Handy, central base”

Comfort Hotel Wellington
Ranked #23 of 47 Hotels in Wellington
Reviewed 30 August 2013

for walking around Wellington you couldn't ask for a more central place. Clean, warm and tidy although slightly cramped, the staff are friendly, helpful and welcoming. This is not the first time we have stayed here, we just keep returning. This trip our visit was for the Bledisloe cup, prices were dearer than usual as the whole hotel, including the Quality side, were fully booked, as with any other place in Wellington. At other times we have stayed here at reasonable rates, this time we were given a swipe card to access the gym, pool and spa. I can highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
QHW, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Good morning Marita B,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and for your continued loyalty to the hotel. The comments you made regarding your stay with us are most appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to CQ Hotels Wellington hotel in the near future. Please contact us directly on our website and we will take care of your reservation personally.
Olivier

Reviewed 27 July 2013

On a recent trip around New Zealand's North Island we spent three nights at the Comfort Hotel in Wellington. The staff were very helpful in directing us to various attractions to maximize our rooms. The location right on Cuba Street assures you are in walking distance of some interesting restaurants and shops. We were able to walk to Te Papa, a top notch museum and to the Cable Car which one of the big tourist must-do's. It truly was a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
QHW, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Good afternoon John,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and location of our hotels. I look forward to welcoming you back in a near future at CQ Hotels Wellington.
CQ Hotels Wellington

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Have stayed at the Comfort a few times and you can't fault the price or the location. However this time there were a few things that lacked. First off we arrived at 9 in the morn via plane, the room was not ready as would be expected so the hotel looked after our bags and said to come back around 12 as it could be ready. We got back at 1.15 and the room was still not ready. They moved us to another room. I wonder if this was the emergency room. One of the lights did not work and no sky. It was very dark. The bed was very small. No internet but when I went down to ask about it, it turned out you get a number for the use of it. I don't know why I was not asked in the first place if I would be using the net. The hotel also looked after our bags the next day after check out till our plane left. A good note was it was still standing after the earthquake which was very scary, and this was only the morning one. Not as big as the large one. I found it strange no one mentioned it. When we checked out no one asked if all was ok etc. Was it a case of don't mention it we can pretend it did not happen? So a few things wrong and if I was staying for more than a night I would be more upset but a one night stay you can handle this sort of stuff - esp when it comes to the location and price.

Room Tip: A room to the back away from Cuba St. We have never been disturbed by noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Good afternoon nzwestie,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and for your continued loyalty to the hotel. I am very sorry that few things lacked to enhance your experience at CQ Hotels Wellington on this occasion. Please accept my sincerest apologies. I will share your feedback with the team, thank you for bringing this to my attention.
I look forward to welcoming you back at CQ Hotels Wellington soon, please feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to assist you with your accommodation requirement.
CQ Hotels Wellington

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I was very pleased with Comfort Hotel Wellington, especially considering the low price we paid for our room. The Hotel is ideally located, within walking distance to great Wellington cafes, shops and bars. The room was clean and tidy and the staff were very helpful. Overall, a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
QHW, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear Ashlee B,
Thank you for taking valuable time to give us your feedback. We are pleased to learn that you've had an enjoyable time with us and that you found the location and facilities to your liking. We look forward to another opportunity to be of service to you in the near future! Please contact us directly on our website and we will take care of your reservation personally.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I stayed here in July with a friend and we picked it for location and because we would be going out till the early morning. It did the job for what we wanted it for, a cheap, clean room that was centrally located.

The room was small, the bathroom even smaller, for some reason we didn't have a fridge either which I thought was weird. Beds were tiny too, we had singles but they were a lot narrower than a normal single. No mirror in the room, only in the bathroom which was a hassle and the lighting was terrible, so dark in the room and the main light was right in front of the TV (which is perched on a very high shelf). Heater didn't seem to work either but the room was warm enough. Only real plus was the shower pressure which was awesome.

Staff seemed friendly enough, we had no problems when we asked for a wine glass, they were more than happy to provide one. Our swipe card didn't work when we came in afterhours, so we had to ring the bell to get them to come and open the door.

Can't comment on sleep quality as in all honesty we got in at 4am so at that point we would of missed the noise that others have commented on plus we could of slept on the floor at that point and not noticed.

If your going out at night and just need something to do the job, then this is it, but I wouldn't stay here otherwise.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Patrica B,
I'm glad to hear you had a comfortable stay with us at CQ Hotels Wellington. Our economy rooms are compact, but are definitely a good option for budget conscious travellers. It's also good to read that you were pleased with the level of service from our team.
I appreciate your feedback and hope to see you soon next time that you are in the Capital. Please contact us directly on our website and we will take care of your reservation personally.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

An affordable place to stay and an easy walk around the city. Friendly team who are really helpful. The lounge areas are comfortable and a great area to relax in to finish off a busy day.
The rooms are small but adequate and very good value.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear kja68

Reviewed 20 July 2013

I always stay here when I visit my daughter in Wellington. I can get a good room price and it has everything I need to make my stay comfortable. The biggest bonus for me is that it is within walking distance from the airport bus. The staff are always very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Dear Lesley M,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and for your continued loyalty to the hotel. The comments you made regarding your stay with us are most appreciated and indeed the hotel is only couple of blocks away from the airport bus stop; a very convenient location right in the middle of Cuba Street!
We look forward to welcoming you back to CQ Hotels Wellington hotel in the near future.