Comfort Hotel Wellington
US$167
US$156
US$135
  • Pool
Travelodge Hotel Wellington(Wellington)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$89
US$196
US$132
  • Pool
Wellesley Boutique Hotel(Wellington)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$212
US$175
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewscuba stexpress breakfastgreat locationrooms are smallcq hotelthird floorrestaurants and shopsshort stayfree wificuba malltea and coffeeroom ratete papaan easy walkbuffet breakfastwellington citylambton quay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Our room was rather a disaster for two, with a bathroom door that either stuck or slammed into the side of the bed when it was (of necessity) opened vigorously. In our room, there was only space to swing a cat if you stood on the bed. The hotel itself is charming, with period features and an interesting history. The linen was crisp and clean, and for the price this hotel is good value if you are on a budget or travelling alone. If you are inclined towards claustrophobia or like your space in bed, this is not the hotel for you. My partner moaned incessantly about the room's dollhouse dimensions, and the slow breakfast service in the restaurant. I would happily stay here again, but on my own.

Room Tip: If travellung together, ask for a larger room, or spring for something more spacious.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
QHW, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Laurieand...
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback in regards to your stay at CQ Hotels Wellington. I'm glad to hear you had a comfortable stay with us.
I have taken careful note of your comment in regards to the size of the room. As you noticed, the CQ Comfort Hotel is a prestigious 3 Star Plus Qualmark heritage building dating back to the 1800s. Our economy rooms are compact, but are definitely a good option for budget conscious travellers. The hotel provides all of the basic necessities, comfortable and well-appointed rooms in the middle of a very unique and vibrant heart of the Capital, Cuba Street.
During your next visit in Wellington, you may consider to reserve a room into the adjoining CQ Quality Hotel Wellington, 4 Star Plus Qualmark, all suites are very spacious with Queen size beds and equipped with modern kitchenettes. Adjoining shared facilities with the CQ Quality Hotel Wellington and CQ Comfort Hotel Wellington are an heated indoor pool and spa, fitness room, 24h reception, room service, restaurant, bar and café.
I appreciate your feedback and hope to see you back at CQ Hotels Wellington next time that you are in the Capital. The team joins me to wish you and your family a Safe and Merry Christmas 2013.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Hotel on Cuba street where there are many restaurant and cafés and some shops. Far away from the center and the waterfront. Nice building and several facilities (bar, restaurant, pool, etc) included, but two separate sides of the hotel with the Quality on the right of the reception and the Comfort (less comfortable and higher quality, but also more expensive). The room I had in the Comfort (double) was very small and besides a few hangers had absolutely no closeting space, I had to leave my shirts and blouses in the suitcase, not much table space either to place a handbag or a computer, I had to put everything on the bed. There is a small shelf with boiler and tea-coffee bags. The bathroom had enough bottled facilities and towels were changed every day but again very little space to set anything down. The breakfast is really expensive for an average variety of food proposed, and you can probably get something similar for a lot less in a close-by café or in the bar. The doors on the Comfort side close by banging and so there’s some noise in the morning and you also need to ask explicitly if you want a quiet room , away from the front street and / or construction. For the quality in total, I think next time I would stay in the “Quality” part of the hotel and benefit from better rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on a high floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
QHW, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear AllasPar
Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your experience at the CQ Hotels Wellington. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
I have taken careful note of your comment in regards to the size of the room and the furniture configuration. As you noticed, the CQ Comfort Hotel is a prestigious 3 Star Plus Qualmark heritage building dating back to the 1800s. The hotel provides all of the basic necessities, comfortable and well appointed rooms in the middle of a very unique and vibrant heart of the Capital, Cuba Street. Comfort Hotel Wellington is also strengthened to 100% of the NZ earthquake code.
During your next visit in Wellington, you may consider as you explained to reserve a room into the adjoining CQ Quality Hotel Wellington, 4 Star Plus Qualmark, all suites are very spacious with Queen size beds and equipped with modern kitchenettes. Adjoining shared facilities with the CQ Quality Hotel Wellington and CQ Comfort Hotel Wellington are an heated indoor pool and spa, fitness room, 24h reception, room service, restaurant, bar and café.
I really appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is my hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Comfort Hotel. I was puzzled as to why there was not a toaster in my room, but worked out I needed to ask for toast. Breakfast was good value and well presented.
Room Service was on time, and the staff member pleasant. Everything was clean and tidy.
All the staff were friendly and helpful and went out of their way to assist me.

Room Tip: Rooms on the inside wall were free of noise and very comfortable. I got a free pass to the swimming pool and spa as part of my room hire.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
QHW, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear Joan G,
Thank you for taking valuable time to give us your feedback in regards to your recent stay at CQ Hotels Wellington. I am very pleased to learn that you've had an enjoyable time with us and that you found the location and facilities to your liking.
I look forward to another opportunity to welcoming you again in a very near future.
Kind Regards
Olivier Lacoua

Reviewed 18 November 2013

location perfect in Cuba Mall, great value, small rooms being a budget hotel.
totally impressed with level of detail in room, a big thanks to staff
Cuba Mall is a pedestrian street in a vibrant older part of wellington. I always get abuzz walking down the mall usually buskers in street, lots of bars & coffee shops

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
QHW, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear polluxmalone,
Thank you for taking time to give us this gracious review which we are appreciative of! We are glad to have made your stay an enjoyable one! Once again thank you and look forward to welcoming you back at CQ Hotels Wellington soon!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

The first night of our honeymoon saw us staying here, a great central city location! As an acknowledgement of our new status the management of the hotel provided us with a complimentary bottle of bubbly (much apprecaited and consumed).
The room was fantastic, roomy, well appointed and all the modern requirements; we enjoyed our stay which included dinner in the restaurant (recommend the steak).
The only disappointment was our needing to on occassion repeat our requests to several staff during our stay, unfortunately english was clearly a second language; in saying that they were all very pleasent and helpful.
Yes, we'd recommend and yes, we'd stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
QHW, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Thank you Dean for your review. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay as well as the hotel facilities. Your comments in regards to repeat requests made to the Front Office team has been reviewed and shared with the management team; I appreciate you sharing your concerns as this allows us an opportunity to improve and rectify our level of services. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention.
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to CQ Hotels Wellington again in the future. Please contact us directly on our website and we will take care of your reservation personally.