“Lunchtime surprise (you can take out or eat in)”
Review of Pandan Asian Cuisine - CLOSED

Pandan Asian Cuisine
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Malaysian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Wellington, NZ
“Lunchtime surprise (you can take out or eat in)”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Went with colleagues from work who raved about this place so much that we took a trip out and filled their tiny restaurant one lunchtime during the week. We booked tables and booked our food ahead as there around 20 of us and were told that this would speed things up.

They do a cross between Indian and Malaysian food including goat dishes which I understand is something of a speciality and these came recommended prior to visiting and also on the day from colleagues sitting close by who had it. Some of the dishes have bones and they don't serve chicken breast so check that if that's important to you

It was so good that I ordered more stuff to bring home knowing my partner would love it too (he's a great Indian fan!)

Highly recommended for the lunchtime special which was $10 for curry, rice, bread - super bargain!

Give it a whirl; well worth the journey out P.S. Don't dress up it's very casual and nothing fancy; but the food's great and service is friendly!

• Visited March 2014

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Don't change a thing”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Picked up a variety of takeaway curries tonight for 11 people, 7 of which had never tried them before. Pandan now has 7 new loyal customers.

1 Thank AdrianNZ
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
“What they say is true!”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I accidentally read about this place and the reviews just made me want to try the place myself. We got there by 12 noon and the place was already busy but not packed. They have 8 tables and 3 were taken. 30 mins after, 6 tables were taken. The food is really good. The sizes of the serving is also good. Great Value for money, and our food came in less than 15 mins from when we ordered it. And the server was really friendly. I am going back.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank IreneandSoli
“Just down the road!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I am a Tawa local, and have lived here for 4 years. I had not tried Pandan until last week. Well, make me a regular! The food was amazing. We had Lamb Rendang, Seafood Mamak Mee Goreng, Seafood Mee Hoon Goreng (which my 3 & 5 year old boys devoured), Roti and Peanut Sauce. It was all simply delicious. Everyone I have met who have eaten here has raved about it. I feel like I have wasted four years having not eaten here!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank wellingtondweller
New Zealand
“Great food”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Having read so many great reviews about this restaurant, I was curious to try it. So today we ordered to takeaway. I have to agree with the positive reviews.The food was fantastic. It is an unassuming little place and you would walk/drive right pass it if you didn't know about it. Looking forward to trying some more of their menu.

• Visited December 2013