“If your looking for something a bit different.”

The Caribbean Restaurant Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Good little eatery if your looking for something a bit different. The quirky food (for a New Zealander) appealed to me.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

My partner & I were looking for dinner at about 8.30pm (not realising they shut at 9pm), the staff kindly gave us a table for mains even though they were closing so soon. The service was excellent - mains were delicious and a great price. Not huge serves - but this meant you didn't leave feeling like you'd eaten too much - but was definitely enough food! We received very personalised attention - I was offered a sample of each of the two side choices which was awesome (both delicious). We didn't feel rushed out - even though they closed & we were the last customers there. Staff were incredibly friendly & struck up conversation making the whole experience memorable!

Reviewed 13 December 2012

As visitors to Wellington, we were wandering aimlessly down Cuba St looking for dinner when we stumbled across The Caribbean. The service was impeccable from the second we set foot in the door. The 'staff' (who I've since read are the owners I think) are helpful, attentive and clearly passionate about what they're doing. We ordered yucca fries (delicious), the burrito (delicious) and the chicken burger (also delicious). My partner had the Red Stripe beer which he was devasted to learn is not readily available from any stores. However it gives us a welcome excuse to come back!! All in all, amazing food, fantastic service and incredibly good value. We will be back and bringing our friends. I would recommend The Caribbean to anyone. Thanks so much for ending our trip on a high note!

Reviewed 30 November 2012

I stumbled on thismplace and being a fan of anything spicy I could not resist.

Overall very nice experience, live music, nice food, very good service.

A couple of "work ons"...

1. If you make jerk hicken it has to hot by definition, this was a dissapointment, I suggest either a wimps option or marking the hot stuff clearly so they stay away, dont dumb it down, the standard to food is great, be true to what youn are tyrying to acheive.

2. Caribbean food is also famous for generous servings, the sizes are very small, they need to be big and hearty to authentic.

Still worth a crack though, if the owners read this and take the advice on board they will hit it out of the park IMO

Reviewed 29 November 2012 via mobile

The Caribbean was a great choice. The menu was interesting and the service was very good. Craft 'beer of the day' and the chance to buy (reasonably) some bottles of Jamaican sauces were nice additions to a restaurant with a strong Caribbean influence.