“Excellent hotel stay with super service and follow up”

Bolton Hotel Wellington
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Wellington
Penang Island, Malaysia
“Excellent hotel stay with super service and follow up”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We made last minute reservation a (late) night before we checked in to Bolton.
They happily offered us NZ$1050 for the presidential suite comes with 2 bedrooms with 2 bathrooms with bath tub (one of it was jacuzzi tub), a large living area, a large 6 seaters dining table and fully equipped kitchen and washer and dryer.
And the bathrooms amenities were more than what you can expect from a hotel. Bath gel, shampoo, conditioner, body balm, body scrub, bath salt, face mud and laundry liquid also provided for!
Valet parking of NZ$30 was waived for us.
Rate included of 4 cooked breakfast.
Breakfast spread was good, bacons, hot cakes, sausages, potatoes, tomatoes, mushrooms, few types of juices, few types of cereals and breads.
But when I ordered cappuccino for my breakfast, I was not told it was extra charged until we left the coffee lounge I was asked to sign for the bill.
Although i experienced a hiccup but the perfection of this hotel make it tolerable.

The hotel was walking distance from the CBD of Wellington, Wellington cable car and the premier departmental store of Kirkcaldie and Stain.
Very convenience.

Before my arrival I emailed the concierge to help get me a 25Kg FedEx box, they arranged it perfectly for me. Due to FedEx was not willing to send the box to the hotel, the concierge staff suggested them to send staff to pick up the box and charge NZ$50 to my bill. I was so happy that at least they tried their best to accommodate the guest's requirement. I was so happy to pay NZ$50 for the pick up fee.

After our departure, the concierge staff arranged to pick up from FedEx and he sent email to me while I was in Auckland and informed me that the box was delivered and informed me of the airway bill number.
He was so responsible!
Thank you Ingmar.

Our stay in Bolton was one of the best among few hotels!
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Presidential suite was located on 18th floor and with panorama view of the port, city and hill side...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
HotelMD, Owner at Bolton Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, 2 November 2012
Thank you for your review and favourable comments, very much appreciated. I was pleased that you enjoyed our Residence Suite which is our top room and I was particularly pleased to note your comments on the service provided by Ingmar our Head Concierge.
Warwick Angus – Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed 27 October 2012

very nice room with nice views very clean nice staff & has a carousel carpark nice!!!!! Close to town & the parliament bee hiv only a $10 taxi to the main strip Courtney place.......Close to town & the parliament bee hiv only a $10 taxi to the main strip Courtney place.......

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your review and favourable comments, very much appreciated
NYC
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Long story short, for 2 of the 3 weeks of our honeymoon, we drove New Zealand. We spent only one night in Wellington, and chose this hotel. I gave the hotel a heads up that we were coming and on our honeymoon. And of all the hotels I stayed in NZ, some considered an even higher rating (the best NZ had to offer), this hotel did the most little things -- just gave us a great corner room, and a little gift for the honeymoon. Their staff is also professional. I would highly suggest this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review and favourable comments, very much appreciated. I was delighted our team recognised and acknowledged you were on your honeymoon. Recognition of our guests special events is something we strive to achieve.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Just thought it worth again writing how great this hotel is! The staff are extremely friendly, courteous & efficient, the hotel is always in excellent shape and they go out of their way to make sure you're happy.....

The beds are great, the coffee is way beyond "hotel" coffee and the room service quick....

Still hard to beat!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Thank you I was delighted to read a second review from a returning guest and your favourable comments were very much appreciated.
Whanganui, New Zealand
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We picked this hotel as there was a special price deal on for that weekend. As soon as we arrived we were told that we could upgrade for $30 more which we accepted. There was everything that we could possible need in the room and hotel. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was for a king, and all included in the price. Will definatly stay there again. Thank for for making our stay special.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review and favourable comments, very much appreciated. I was pleased you enjoyed your stay and delighted you enjoyed our breakfast. We have recently introduced a new style breakfast and our team have worked hard to meet our guests needs.
Blenheim, New Zealand
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Didnt even know that this Hotel was there. Was a amazing place to stay, the rooms was exceptional, spacious and most of all a high standard of cleanliness. Was really impressed with staff and all amenities. Wouldnt hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a room looking out over the little church. was quiet and pleasant.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review and favourable comments, very much appreciated.
Auckland
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I was only in town for 2 days and ended up spending more time at the hotel then I had planed or usualy do when out of town. I ended up watching movies, ordering rooms service and chilling out in the gym/pool area. I would be more then happy to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
HotelMD, Owner at Bolton Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, 20 October 2012
Thank you for your review and comments, very much appreciated. I was pleased you enjoyed chilling out in your room, our room service and gym/pool facilities.
Warwick Angus – Managing Director.