“OK HOTEL”

Ranked #44 of 46 Hotels in Wellington
Sydney, Australia
“OK HOTEL”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We booked to stay at the Mercure Willis st Wellington - before we arrived Accor Hotels had sold the hotel and it was renamed as the LEISURE INN Wellington.
When we booked through ACCOR we received a very good cheap rate.
It was pleasing to see that the Leisure Inn hotel honoured the rate that we received through Accor - and did not charge us any more

The hotel is located at the top end of Willis St Wellington - Willis st can get busy with traffic from time to time.

Our room was large and adequate. Please be aware that the rooms are NOT Air Conditioned - heaters are provided when it gets cold.

The bathroom was easy to negotiate and OK

We were provided with a fridge in the room.

The rooms did not have wardrobe (just a closet set up to hang your clothes) and the rooms did not have safes.

The decor was a little bit dated - but pleasant none the less.

The hotel could use a make over.

Breakfast was only a cold buffet

All in all the hotel was OK for our 5 day stay - the staff very friendly and helpful

We would recommend the Leisure Inn as a place to stay - but be aware this hotel is three star hotel - adequate and OK but not flash

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Nicholas C, General Manager at Willis Wellington Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Guest

I would like to personally thank you for your time and accurate feedback about our hotel services.

You give me the opportunity to answer couple of questions that our customers ask or may want to ask about the transition between Accor and Staywell.
This transition went smoothly last December 1st, Accor and Staywell have worked together in order to maintain both rates and services.
We are happy after 2 months and a half to advise our valued customers that the cooked breakfast is again available on site.

And also that we are about to start the refurbishment of the rooms, corridors and public areas.
As you can guess my friendly team and I are very excited about this new chapter of the hotel.
We would be glad to see you again in a near future and to collect your impression about the services and the hotel itself.

Thank you again for your time.

Nicolas Caffardo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Hebrew first
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Booked this while it was the Mercure hotel.Now its a Leisure Inn, a Mercure standard hotel its not Facilities are appalling, no bar, no restaurant, pathetic breakfast option. The moan goes on, no wifi in the bedroom, the room was large but in dire need of a complete restoration job, paintwork dirty & mould in bathroom. Final straw was the very small car park was totally inadequate for our Rav 4, there were single figures number of parking places & we were boxed in by a coach. So please dont stay here unless your only requirement is a comfortable bed

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
2 Thank 68IanM
Nicholas C, General Manager at Willis Wellington Hotel, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear Guest

I appreciate your feedback which gives us the opportunity to better understand your expectations and needs.

I am glad that you found our bedding comfortable. This remains our first priority as Hotelier.
I am sorry that you did not appreciate the Free of Charge parking facility. Leisure Inn Wellington has a partnership which allows us to increase the parking capacity at night and we have always been able to guarantee availability for our customers from 6pm to 8am.

I recommend our customers to liaise with our Front Desk team to organise this option.
I will of course share your review with my team and with the designer and engineer in charge of our coming refurbishment.

Thank you again for your time and I hope you will be interested in discovering our new hotel soon.

Nicolas Caffardo

Travellers are raving about these Wellington hotels

Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We had booked this hotel several months before our stay as the Mercure and had not been informed that it had been taken over and re named as the Leisure Inn Wellington so spent a very anxious hour hunting for it. The reception staff were very apologetic and helpful. The room was large and well appointed. The hotel is very close to numerous restaurants and the city centre and is handy for the ferry port. Free parking on site was a bonus. Continental breakfast was excellent with a decent choice. All in all very good value for money and for the price we paid we could not fault it.

Dear Guest

We thank you for nice comment posted on our partner website. It will be pleasure for me to share it with my team. We do our best to maintain a free parking for our customers despite a cost for our owner.

We also try to provide you with a large range of options for our current Continental Breakfast.
Our offer in term of breakfast will be enlarged soon by Cooked meals and specials.

We are in the process to complete the work for the building signs with our external supplier.

We hope you will stay again with us soon.

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Unfortunately we had booked when this was the Mercure. When we arrived it had just changed hands. Facilities were very limited no restaurant, no bar, and a very limited buffet breakfast. Wifi was not available in bedrooms and was only free for half an hour per day. On the positive side room was clean and bed comfortable. Pity about the torn curtain in the bath room. Staff were, in the main, helpful and good hearted but were having to learn the workings of the hotel. They stated there were plans for cooked breakfasts and it seems possible other improvements may follow. I will check changes before I would book again.

1 Thank BobCam48
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your comment. We will share your feedback with our team and with the persons in charge of the refurbishment project.

As I said in one of my previous answer we are working on the hotel services to bring them back to standards.

We have increased the data available in the daily free option from 30mb to 100 and we are currently working on improving the wireless service.

We hope you will be interested in rediscovering the hotel soon.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the Leisure Inn (former Mercure Willis St) in Wellington for 2 nights in Devember. This was the first hotel I went to after landing in New Zealand. At arrival the receptionist and manager gave me a bit of a hard time... They weren't sure whether I had pre-paid or not, although I had an email from booking.com confirming that payment had been done a month prior to my arrival. This was later clarified but I had to contact my credit card to confirm. The other issue was that their credit card reader wasn't working properly (I noticed this was the case with other clients as well) but they would not admit it. The place was not very comfortable (don't expect Mercure standards), and quite hot (our room had no air con). Location isn't ideal either.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Adsorze
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review posted on Tripadvisor. I am sorry for the confusion which occurred while you were checking it. You may have been one of our first customer under our new brand Leisure Inn.

Our systems have given us a hard time I have to admit but this is now fixed and we are moving forward as soon as possible to bring this amazing building up to the standards the new management company and the owner seek.

One of our first challenge is to re-open step by step the services which were closed previously before the take over.

And we take this opportunity to encourage our customer to share their opinion with our front desk team in order to consider their feedback in the refurbishment.

Thank you again for your time.