All reviews willis street standard room couple of nights central location cuba st te papa pleasant stay an upgrade nice room courtney place new zealand lambton quay capital cafes cbd conference waterfront
Reviewed 18 June 2017

Mercure Wellington Abel Tasman Hotel is centrally located and with in easy reach of the the main attractions of Wellington. The room was tidy and clean. The hotel has a bistro style restaurant on site and there are other dining options near by.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
AbelTasman169, General Manager at Mercure Wellington Abel Tasman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Thank you for sharing your helpful feedback. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and attractions Wellington has to offer. We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple of nights while on business. Great location in the CBD with on site parking available. Rooms are a reasonable size and very comfortable. Everything is well within walking distance and if you don't feel like dinning on site it is surrounded by great quality bars and restaurants.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
AbelTasman169, General Manager at Mercure Wellington Abel Tasman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay.
We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Stayed there around a week ago. I arrived quite late and it's hard to find a parking spot since the hotel is located in the city centre of Wellington. There is a Wilson garage next to the hotel, but I think it's quite expensive for the night.

This is Mercure and especially Accorhotel group, so I don't expect too much. The rate I paid was only about 100 NZD, too. So basically you got what you paid for including overheated room. For me it was OK since I prefer warm room rather than a cold one, but I can imagine in the summer that's gonna be a hell for you since they don't have any air conditioning system. What I saw there was just a table fan - have fun with that in the summer. If you open the window, it's gonna be a nightmare as well since you'll hear the traffic and all those car horns and sirenes even in the night.

Just like any other Accor hotels, the stay bonus and points didn't post correctly in my account. While 1 night stay might be OK, I'd say look for other hotel options in Wellington.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank ve_0517
AbelTasman169, General Manager at Mercure Wellington Abel Tasman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I apologise we did not meet your expectations on this occassion. Your feedback is valued and appeciated and we have taken your comments on board. Your feedback helps make a difference and we appreciate your efforts in providing feedback on where we can make improvements.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Booked in via Wotif, and arrived to find a suite for us. entire experience better than expected for what was reasonably inexpensive business accommodation in the Capital. Parking was OK - but best for small cars.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
AbelTasman169, General Manager at Mercure Wellington Abel Tasman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2017

Thank you for your lovely feedback. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay.
We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

I have stayed at this property before,and again it suits my needs...some say they can't wait to get home to their own bed after a holiday,But I found the bed to be very,very comfortable,on a par with my own at home..the staff are very friendly and helpful.I didn't dine at the restaurant,but indeed enjoyed a few icy cold beers at happy hour. the Able Tasman is very close to the Cuba street mall,with shopping and cafes aplenty. the room was quite spacious with sky tv a bonus.the shower was good and bathroom clean and tidy...I will definately rteturn to the Mercure able Tasman...

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Mercure Hotels
AbelTasman169, General Manager at Mercure Wellington Abel Tasman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Thank you for your valuable feedback. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay.
Your feedback is appreciated and helps make a difference. We hope to see you back next time you are in Wellington visiting your son.