“Does what it says on the box”
Review of Trinity Hotel

Trinity Hotel
Ranked #29 of 47 Hotels in Wellington
Reviewed 27 January 2014

The best thing about this hotel is its location in the central city - very convenient. However if you are a light sleeper, make sure that you request a room away from the road as I found it extremely noisy - I had to put the TV on static to drown out all the road noise on the first night (which was a weekday). I think the hotel needs to invest in some double glazing. Having said that, I changed to a quieter room for next two nights and it was absolutely fine. The staff were all nice and friendly, room was clean, breakfasts were fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 January 2014

If you get a deal on one of the websites, then it might be worth it.

We had a room that had something that looked like airconditioning units on the ground floor, so the bedroom window had to be shut to get some silence. It was a little warm :-( of course - pay cheap - get a room with no view! When we left we saw the same room but with a lovely view, they could have given us false pretences at least!
BOTH of us couldn't connect to the internet - we told reception - he could...... Wonder if he went to the third floor to try it. We were VERY dissapointed. I wouldn't waste my money on the wifi here for this reason.
The staff were moderately friendly. I was overwhelmed ever.
The flies in the bar near the entrance have always been there, circling the airvent. I would have thought they might have tried to eliminate it by now!
They serve very weak coffee in the hope you will buy a real one.

If you are after a cheap, no frills stay close to the city - then it could be ideal. But don't pay too much more than $100 unless there are added bonuses like a cooked breakfast!

Room Tip: The showers fit two people :p There is a great coffee shop over the road We stayed on a Friday nig...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria C
Andrew B, Owner at Trinity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Thank you for your feedback. You have identified a number of items for us to address. We are in the process of changing a number of our Managers and housekeeping team and as part of our ongoing maintenance programme, we will look at the WIFI issues you have identified. At Trinity Hotel we pride ourselves in offering a central city location, great service, good quality rooms and value for money at our 3.5 star hotel. It appears we have let ourselves and you down. We are making changes and we hope you will give us another opportunity to impress you.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

If you are looking for a clean hotel, this is not the place for you. We were moved from our first room after finding old urine stains on the outside of the toilet bowl, a long black hair and dirt under the toilet brush, thick dust on the skirting boards, and dodgey looking stains on the carpet. The new room was better but still left a lot to be desired. The reception staff were very helpful, but the cleaning staff should be fired.

Room Tip: Clean, clean, clean!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jo D
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

This is a ok value hotel with an excellent location, but the noise from the street during night is a pain. You get wifi vouchers for free, so you need to connect again and again if you are in for for longer stays.

The room was ok, quite British/NZ standard, and I felt that the cleanliness met my expectations.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ContrailsfromNorway
Reviewed 18 January 2014

This is the dirtiest hotel I have stayed in. Windows and sills and light and electric plug witches were dirty and dusty (and not just one days dust). Drinking cups were stained and unwashed. Scum lined the hand basin, the shower was disgusting and I had to ask for it to be cleaned before I would shower. Black mould everywhere throughout the bathroom. When I went to take the extra pillows from the cupboard, they were not covered with a pillow slip and one was stained very badly and looked revolting. To advertise that the hotel has been recently refurbished is a lie, I saw no evidence of fresh paint, carpets were old and in places worn through. On our second and third day stay we had no milk left, no toilet paper, no coffee, and had to ask for face cloths. Reception looked remorseful and was helpful, but no compensation or deduction was offered. I had also booked a second room for our friend and her room was no better and so I felt responsible for making her Wellington stay unpleasant also. The state of rooms has to be reported to management.

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Helen-May B
Reviewed 17 January 2014

To begin with me and my partner got a deal on expedia for $79 per night plus a free wifi voucher and continental breakfast which finishes at noon. The staff were incredibly helpful and let us keep our bags there when we checked out until we could get a cab to the airport later. The room was clean and warm, it has sky and good bathroom facilities, very impressed for the price.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2014

While the hotel is located in the heart of the city, I must say that it is quite average in terms of room size, view, service etc. I suppose being in the centre of the city parking is a problem but we were not told that booking in advance will help us secure a parking spot within the hotel premises, so when we got there, we were told that there were no parking spots left and we would have to fend for ourselves. The receptionist was kind enough to inform us that being a public holiday meant that we did not have to pay for parking outside and if we could secure a spot somewhere then we would be okay for the night. Wellington as a city was not entirely appealing to us so I guess this has tainted my view of the hotel too. So let me focus on some of the positives - it is very conveniently located, close to shopping and dining areas. The bed and bathroom were comfortable and more importantly clean, though our view was the side of another very tall building making you feel like the walls are closing in on you. Good for a short stay with basic amenities. Not so great if you want some luxury along with it. Reasonable pricing !!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple