Quest on Lambton Serviced Apartments
US$124
US$192
US$157
  • Restaurant
The Cambridge Hotel(Wellington)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$231
US$189
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Hotel Wellington(Wellington)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/06
US$93
US$82
  • Room Service
At Home Wellington(Wellington)
US$197
US$182
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsacross the roadhunter streetfridge freezerlarge living roomclose to the railway stationcooking facilitiesbusiness districtlounge areathird floorwellington cable carbed apartmentreception deskdining tablenight's sleeptea and coffeewellington cbdshort walk
Reviewed 10 October 2011

In town for business and pleaseure (Rugby World Cup). Found the guy at Front Desk (Richard)to be very helpful on both check in and check out. The room was very clean and tidy.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment for 2 nights while in the city for rugby world cup. Had trouble finding the entrance as we ended up at the Quest on 120 THE TERRACE. But we got there in the end. Our room was very clean, loved the kitchen and the bathroom was clean and the bed was very comfortable I slept like a baby! It has everything you need. Right in the city close to everything. 10min walk to Westpac stadium, short walk to Queens Wharf. Parliament building and the Beehive is a very short walk down the road bars and restaurant is only a walk away too so I was impressed with how every place was in short distance. The receptionist was very friendly, always going out of his way to help us around. Room service was very good. Fresh clean towels everyday. Not forgetting excellent value for money!!Overall I loved it in Wellington, I didn't want to leave the city the people are so warm and friendly! Thank you for a great time :-)

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Missy_V4
Reviewed 4 September 2011

My wife, 6 month old daughter and I stayed in a one bed apartment at the Quest on Lamton last month and loved it. I normally book through websites like hotels.com, but as this was only our second trip with our daughter I wanted to make sure that I'd dealt directly with the property to reassure myself that they knew we had an infant with us and that they'd organised a travel cot for us.
Communicating with the property via e-mail was easy and although the crib was $10 a night, they discounted the lowest internet rate by $10 a night to negate this.
We arrived at just after 11 to drop our bags off and although the rooms are not advertised as being available for check-in until 2, Tatiana on the front desk apologised that it wasn't ready and took my cellphone number so she could call me as soon as it was. She was as good as her word and called us at around 12:30.
The apartment was spotless and neutrally, but comfortably decorated. The travel cot, complete with cot bedding, was waiting for us as requested.
The apartments are in a fantastic location in the city centre. Most of the main attractions are within 15 minutes walk and for anything further afield the Railway and Bus Stations are both less than 5 minutes from the front door.
The only negative aspect of the apartment was that it was quite light at night. This wasn't enough to disturb us, but combined with a bit of night-time noise filtering up from Lamton Quay, it was enough to disturb our daughter's sleep, which had a knock on effect on us throughout our stay and for another week or so beyond. Darker curtains rather than the thin blinds at the windows would have made a real difference.
On the whole though, a great apartment in a great location. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher the better and e-mail the property direct for the best rates.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I stayed here while I was on a business trip. The room had a kitchen and washer and dryer. The weather was terrible during my stay so I spent a lot of time in the room. The wifi connection was not free, but I bought 2 days worth @ $16/day and noticed the connection speed was very slow. i could not video chat with my family or watch YouTube videos quickly. if you need good wifi for work, don't stay here unless you have your own wireless card. Since the weather was so terrible (snowing!) I would have loved room service or continental breakfast or an in-hotel restaurant. The staff was very friendly. At 4:30am on Sunday night, the garbage truck came by on Hunter Street and was very loud. I could hear metal garbage cans banging against the ground. They came by again at 6am. I was not well rested for my client visit on Monday.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I've had plenty of strange travel experiences over the years and I can add another this to the list. My flight from Sydney was delayed because of the snow and bad weather around NZ so I didn't arrive at the hotel until 1am. The key code had been provided and I picked up the keys from the desk safe as instructed. The room was a simple 1 bed suite with a kitchenette.

The bedroom was small as was the bathroom....as one review put it, hospital chic was the theme. Given it was freezing outside it would have been nice to have the heating on but it was as cold as an ice box. The small fin heater took all night to heat the place and I was completely frozen. I'd come from Bali and had planned to head home to Christchurch first but the snow had intervened and so I didn't have many warm clothes on me.

Needless to say I shivered most of the night even with the heater right beside the bed. There were no spare blankets either. I think I got to sleep at about 3am and work at 7.30 to head off to a conference for the day.

7 hours in a freezer!! Not much fun.

It's an ok place and I chose it for the location more than anything else but i'd only go their in the summer :-)

Room Tip: Bring some warm clothes!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business