“Small rooms but in a good location, it is just ok...”
Review of At Home Wellington

At Home Wellington
Ranked #1 of 47 Hotels in Wellington
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Great location with a very nice room though kind of small. The harbour view was great, there is plenty of space at the balcony, close proximity to a grocery store and the downtown Wellington. The staff treats you like family and always make you feel welcome like home.

Room Tip: Get the rooms with the harbour view on the higher floors.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
AtHome10, Manager at At Home Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear JamesOngSg,
Thank you for the positive review, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you were made to feel welcome during your stay with us.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I liked me last experience here, so I booked it again. I was not disappointed, even with the change of ownership, it is still lovingly managed and maintained at high standard. I stayed at apartment B, was checked in by the friendly couple Hayley and Duane, who are looking after the place while the owners are away in Thailand. They own a very lovely puppy who welcomed me in every time I come "home". I like everything about the apartment, clean, spacious and has a good kitchen and washing machine. Bed is very comfortable and the balcony offers a nice view of Te papa museum. It is a very close walk to Cuba street mall, and the nearest supermarket for food supplies. I am happy to say, this place will continue to be my "Home" in my future visit to Wellington.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank la_speranza

Dear la_speranza,
Thanks for staying "At Home" again! We are pleased you enjoyed your return visit with us & it was great to meet you! Looking forward to welcoming you back again next time!
Regards,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We recently stayed here for 4 nights. Location was fantastic, best point would have to be the way the sun streamed into the rooms through the day, this is a bit of a luxury at this time of year of course but really was lovely. The rooms were lovely, warm and comfortable. Walls were very thin, and windows rattled and shook in the wind. And a lot of outside noise, sirens passing and a school ball was on over the road at TePapa which created a lot of very loud noise in the middle of night. In my opinion the rooms could have been cleaner, the bathroom draw had the previous guests toiletries in in, the washing machine looked like it hadn't been cleaned around the floor of in months, and the toilet was difficult to flush. Room servicing was done but brief. Bed roughly made towels replaced and that's it.
Hosts were nice and friendly, they did have a very cute little dog, but that got annoying when it started hanging off our clothes and shoelaces etc.
all in all it was nice, but I've stayed in a lot better for a similar price or less.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
AtHome10, Manager at At Home Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear jeknaki,
Thanks for your review! It's pleasing to hear that you found your apartment to be lovely, warm and comfortable (the sun streaming in is a real bonus isn't it?). Thanks for your comment regarding the windows rattling in the wind, we will have that checked next time we have a windy day and get that sorted for future guests. We are disappointed that you found 1 or 2 shortfalls in the cleaning. This is not our usual standard and has been addressed. In terms of servicing, we make the bed, replace towels if required, clear away rubbish, clean the toilet and wipe down surfaces. In your case we actually vacuumed one day as well as we noticed tiny bits of tissue all over the floor, presumably from a tissue that accidently went through the wash with your clothes. Also sorry that our puppy got a bit irritating. He's very enthusiastic and loves people. We realise that not everyone's a dog person so we do try to gauge each guests reaction as early as possible. He took a shining to you guys and even spent a bit of time in your room which he loved :)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

If for some reason you have ever had the desire to sleep overnight in an office building .. this is your chance. Great location, very nice room though bit small, kitchenette; no front desk per se, but there is a back room office up some steps. It somehow all works, worked out very well for us but you may need to park at a muffler shop several doors down.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear 1992redzilla,
Thanks for your candid comments! We're so pleased that everything worked well for you! We do have a unique style of accommodation, so yes - quite different, which is a compliment, so thank you! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

i stayed here for a few weeks and can truly say that it's spectacular! harbour views, plenty of space, balcony, close proximity to grocery store, downtown wellington and the hosts are the nicest people you'll ever meet. They treat you like family and always make you feel welcome.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear dasniper14,
Wow, not really sure what to say other than thank you for such a glowing review! We are so pleased you felt "At Home" and part of the family :)

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay at At Home. The location is close to restaurants, a grocery store, and museums. My room had everything I needed: a king-sized bed, a large bathroom, a fridge, sofa, washer/dryer (combination machine), and even a balcony. It was very clean, and thoughtfully maintained. One of the best parts of At Home are the managers, Dwayne and Hayley. They are delightfully friendly, and do everything they can to make sure your stay is as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Their cute puppy will always make you smile, too.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LBoeck
AtHome10, Manager at At Home Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Lisa,
It was an absolute pleasure having you stay "At Home" for 2 weeks, we really enjoyed getting to know you. You travelled a long way from Colorado for work, so we were particularly pleased that we were able to show you a bit of Wellington during our scenic drive in the weekend :)
We hope your long journey home was smooth and uneventful, and we look forward to keeping in touch. Our puppy Kenzie says hi!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The location is superb and where you want to be to experience Wellington restaurants and nightlife. 1 street along from Courtenay Place and 5 minutes walk to Cuba Street. This is where it all happens and I was very pleasantly surprised as a colleague of mine who had previously stayed at the Rydges in the CBD had told me that Wellington was very quiet at night.

Te Papa and the waterfront was also ridiculously close.

Pretty good trade-off for being on top of an office block, which I didn't mind at all.

My only negative would be that the walls are pretty thin and the wooden structure tends to carry noise from neighbouring rooms. I'm not a morning person and many a morning I was woken up just before 7 am by people moving about next door, which actually sounded like it was coming from the ceiling.

The studio 'apartment' was basically your standard (large-ish) hotel room with a kitchenette area. This was fantastically well-equipped with pretty much everything you'd need, including a dishwasher! Fridge was nice and large, which was good as I stayed for nearly 3 weeks. Similarly, the washer/dryer came in very handy as well.

Oh, and the gym on the ground/basement was surprisingly well equipped and had a rowing machine, dumbells as well as a bench press with barbell. Only thing missing for me was a squat rack. That's way more than I've ever found at any hotel gym.

Highly recommend At Home as a place to stay in Wellington and I'd definitely stay there again next time I'm in town. Book early!

p.s. You might have to clarify to NZ Immigration that 'At Home' is not your own home ;-)

Room Tip: I definitely preferred having the side facing Te Papa, as there is virtually no road noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MattBristol

Dear MattBristol,
We're pleased that you were happy with our location. We really are in the heart of everything here as you discovered! It's also pleasing that you found the in-room facilities useful and well-equipped for your 3 week stay with us. We had to have a chuckle reading your comment about NZ Immigration - very good point! We hope your travels around the rest of NZ were most enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you next time.