“Delish! Great service”

Ranked #59 of 974 Restaurants in Wellington
Price range: US$11 - US$22
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Restaurant 88's stylish and modern interior is sure to impress. Home of provincial Vietnamese dining, Restaurant 88 introduces many diverse flavours of Vietnam to Wellingtonians, and visitors, as well as offering great service, and a lovely atmosphere. Fully licensed and open 6 days, you can enjoy lunch or dinner at one of Wellington's best-kept secrets. With an open mind and an empty stomach, let the journey begin!
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The food here was amazing! Delish! The restaurant was filled with fragrant aroma of cooking. It was quite busy that night when I was there but service was attentive and very good. The owners and the waiters were friendly. Love the atmosphere of the place too. This was easily one of the best foods I had during my holiday. I had Saigon rice noodles with lemongrass beef with crispy pork and crab spring rolls topped with herbs and peanuts. YUMMMO!!!!

Come here and you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank Poikime

Reviewed 22 March 2014

been to Vietnam and this is the closest to real beautiful fresh Vietnamese food i had in New Zealand, the service was great to highly recommend it ;)

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Had lunch here on Sunday which a large family group. Everyone including myself was really impressed with the food - really tasty and fresh - different but definately a lovely change. the service was excellent - there were approximately 30 of us and after taking the orders they double checked to ensure they had everyone's order correct - better to be safe than sorry. The staff were lovely, topped up the water throughout the meal and were very accomodating. Would definately recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Came here with a group of friends one Sunday night.
Mains were plentiful. I had the pho, which was good (although not the best I've had in Wellington). Also had the sticky rice pudding - very good.
Group had a bottle of wine, my share of the bill was $35 which is pretty good for a night out.
We were the last table to leave and I like that the restaurant let us stay as long as we liked and kept refilling our water.
Service was excellent and very accommodating.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Had a wonderful dinner here with friends.

We had a number of dishes (3 entrees and 2 mains for 3 adults) and shared these. It was not issue to have these all come out at the same time. Portion size was good and all the dishes were beautifully presented.

Food was fresh and tasted beautiful.

We also had dessert (brownie, cremee brulee and creme caramel) which unfortunately were all let downs.

I will not hesitate to go back here for dinner.