“Delicious Food and Great Place to Watch the World Go By”

Chameleon Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 908 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: European, New Zealand, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Savour the freshest produce with the collection of innovative dishes at Chameleon Restaurant. Experience true local flavours created by expert chefs who focus on sustainable products from local markets. From organic salad greens to eco pork, our chefs strive to integrate the best local produce available into the seasonal menus. A knowledgeable service team offers local expertise to enhance your dining experience.
Wellington, New Zealand
“Delicious Food and Great Place to Watch the World Go By”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

We ate at Chameleon on a beautiful sunny Wellington day and it was a lovely spot to watch people go about their day.The food was delicious, with a good range to choose from. The Gruff Ridge Goats Cheese Strudel was very nice, and the Bar Manager matched our food with a lovely St Clair wine choice. The service is exacting, with staff knowledgable about the food's origins and flavours. Attentive, professional but still friendly service.
All for a very reasonable price.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank WgtnTraveller2013
ChameleonR, Manager at Chameleon Restaurant, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear WgtnTraveller2013,
Thank you for spending some time to review Chameleon. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your lunch experience, in particular, the bottle of St Clair wine and the Gruff Junction Strudel. I will be sure to pass these comments onto the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to Chameleon in the near future.

Ottawa, Canada
“Very nice evening in Wellington”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Used Tripadvisor reviews to select Chameleon for a business dinner while in Wellington. As always, the reviews were spot on. Located on the ground floor of the Intercontinental, Chameleon is nicely appointed and offers a variety of seating options depending on your requirement - near the window, somewhat secluded etc. The service was very good - attentive without being intrusive. Very good selection of wine and spirits, and an excellent selection on the menu, with some interesting daily specials. Both my guest and myself enjoyed our meals, the desserts, while totally unnecessary, were excellent as well. I received excellent value for my money. I would definitely return to Chameleon and won't hesitate to recommend it to colleagues.

• Visited November 2013
Dear ILikewhatILike,
Thank you for taking a few moments to comment on Chameleon. I was happy to read that you received great service and meals for your business dinner. I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team. We look forward to hosting you back in Chameleon when you next return to Wellington.
Melbourne, Australia
“Very nice food and coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

This is a nice hotel restaurant - part of the Intercontinental Hotel. The location is great and the staff are very good. The range of food at breakfast is good.

Visited November 2013
Dear Ali,
Thank you for leaving a comment from your latest visit to Chameleon. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed our offerings at breakfast time. I will be sure to pass your comments onto our staff that were involved to make your stay memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back to Chameleon when you next visit Wellington.
Kind regards,
Restaurant & Bars Manager
“Fabulous food, great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We went for dinner on a Saturday evening, and the restaurant was reasonably busy. However the service was still very good, and the food was superb. Best of all the price was very reasonable for the quality of the meal.

Overall very nice.

Dear geetee99,
Thank you for spending a few moments to comment on your visit to Chameleon. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to all involved, and hope to see you back dining with us in the near future.
Warm regards,
Wellington, New Zealand
“Loved all the extra little touches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

My husband took me out for dinner to this restaurant tonight for my birthday. Service was exceptional. We were given a taster of melon with a sauce with our drinks before our dinner and weren't sure if we liked it so they brought us another one. (No charge for either one) Our mains were delicious and meat cooked perfectly. A lovely dessert sampler was brought out for my birthday (again no charge!) so I was pleased I hadn't ordered dessert with our hot drinks as I was already really full. Free parking under the hotel and concierge brought our car up from the car park. A really lovely night out.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Happytravellers103
Dear Happytravellers103,
Thank you for taking the time to review Chameleon on your latest visit. I was happy to read that you and your husband enjoyed your special night out, in particularly your meals. We look forward to welcoming you back to Chameleon on your next visit to the city.