“takeaway only”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 January 2014

For years we have regularly ordered takaways from J'ville location and they are always very friendly and we enjoy their food. Better than the other local curry place. From time to time they get the order wrong (forgetting our sons butter chicken) and giving us the wrong food which is annoying. Still we enjoy the overall quality of the food and we are quite picky. Unfortunately, the condition of the restaurant decor and cleanliness has made it so I can not eat in their restaurant. It looks like they made an effort to redecorate but sadly, the same dirty chairs are there and it's not clean. Their service is hit and miss as a diner and it has put me off the idea of eating there.

1  Thank Hadley F

Reviewed 18 June 2013

We had dinner there last Monday. The food was excellent and we both enjoyed the meal. However the overall dining experience was sadly let down by the condition of the restaurant chattels. The backs of the chairs were filthy and did detract from a nice meal. I would have thought it quite a simple matter to have the chairs cleaned. Location was excellent with good parking.

1  Thank MewsStratford
Reviewed 12 January 2013

I've been eating at Daawat for years. My favorites are Chicken Lavabdar, Lamb Corma, all Tikka entrees, while my 9 year-old daughter likes mild Butter Chicken. When coming with bigger company, we go for Tandori Platter as an entree.

Restaurants is cozy, with Indian decor and it feels like you are at a family gathering. The candles and lights make it appear very relaxing, and service is discrete, but attentive. It takes bookings and take-away orders.

Reviewed 13 October 2012 via mobile

Great selection and tasty food. We have both dined in and had takeaways. The food has been consistently good and the service is great. Probably the best curry spot in Wellington.

Reviewed 18 August 2012

We went to Daawat in Johnsonville again last Thursday. I had the butter chicken and my partner tried a new dish that was recommended to him by the owner. Both meals were delicious and the service was, as always, excellent.

Highly recommend this place.