“Unpretentious and delicious”

Mekong Cafe
Ranked #209 of 960 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I love this place! Its decor is a bit cafeteria-esque but the food is really good. I particularly like their steamed pork buns and their Bee Bung (I hope I remember correctly how they spell it). The prices are very reasonable. The staff are pleasant and friendly. The place is always busy so clearly I'm not the only person who likes it.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Enjoyed my lunch here today and took away some summer rolls which are gorgeous. Friendly service and great prices so highly recommend if you're after a quick and easy lunch. I will be back :)

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We visited Wellington for the weekend and loved discovering the varied and tasty cuisines the city has to offer at such a low price. The service was great and the spring rolls would have to be the best I have ever tasted. Excitedly we moved on to the wontons which were good also before finally sampling some curries. It was a little hot for my taste buds although we requested a mild curry but it was a great meal backed up by very obliging service. I look forward to returning and sampling more of what the menu has to offer.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 20 February 2008

Cheap & it's the next best thing to my mum's cooking

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 2 December 2007

My fav Vietnamese place in Welly. Cheap and cheerful!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook