“Great atmosphere and food”

Shed 5 Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 963 Restaurants in Wellington
Price range: US$20 - US$58
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Being in New Zealand for a couple weeks on holiday, you eat out a lot, but Shed 5 in Wellington was one of my unplanned successes - my partner and I were taking my sister out for dinner and came across Shed 5. On walking in the atmosphere was warm and service immediate - without a booking I was shown to a table and a brilliant evening pursued. All our meals were great and we were even offered a free sorbet for dessert.. love it and would highly recommend it (although, make sure you book, as I think I was lucky).

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I have had the pleasure of having lunch at Shed 5 a couple of times recently, as well as a few drinks in the bar after work on more than a couple of occasions. The staff are always well trained, well presented and offer great service.

The food is always good, and the beer selection is improving (I am a bit of a beer snob to be fair). Of course they do have good wines.

It's not on the desert menu, but their affragato is good.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Great menu with very special dishes and wonderful seafood. Service was superb. Waiter was helpful with wine selection and did not stir us wrong. We were with a group of six and we all ordered different dishes so we could taste them all. Very interesting building right on the water front. Look forward to going back, some day.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We dined at Shed 5 early in September. It was intended as the treat of our Wellington holiday and didn't disappoint. We had eaten there the year before and were supremely impressed. I was a bit anxious that the standard would be as good, despite some changes - including an interior layout redesign. We were not disappointed. Our meals, including my eye fillet, were superb. The service was just as good, a young French woman working our table expertly - friendly, efficient and attentive. The prices are at the upper end but reflect the quality of food and service.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We went to Wellington for a friends 60th birthday. We had booked into Shed 5 & as we had never been there we were unsure of what it was going to be like. The wine was lovely & the meal was superb. We had a lovely entree of New Zealand whitebait, for a main my husband had lamb rack which he said was the best he had ever had in a restaurant & I had the fish & chips which sounds plain but believe me that is far from the truth. There was so much I didn't get through it all. For dessert I had sorbet & my husband had what the called a mallow puff. The sorbet was so delicious I wanted to take some back to the hotel with me, I did manage to get a little taste of my husbands one but he didn't want to give up much because he said that it was too good to share. They even put a candle & wrote happy birthday on our friends dessert.

All around it was one of the best meals we have had for some time. Well worth going there, we can highly recommend it.