“So good, we went twice!”
Review of Zaida's

Zaida's
Ranked #473 of 1,004 Restaurants in Wellington
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Visited for Breakfast and ordered Eggs Benedict with Bacon. Wasn't anything special, eggs could have been drained a bit more as they made the hollandaise quite runny. My partner has mushrooms on toast which were very nice. Smoothies are VERY good and they also had a chocolate mousse cake thing which was OUT OF THIS WORLD! So good we bought a couple more to take back to the hotel for dessert that night.

While Breakfast wasn't anything amazing, we went back again the next day and I ordered a Chicken Bacon Bagel burger which was absolutely amazing! SO GOOD! My partner had a roast vegetable panini type thing which was also very good!

So while breakfast on this visit wasn't overly exciting, still nice but the eggs ruined it, a previous visit was incredible when I had their big breakfast meal.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

The better-known Caffe l'Affare next door was crowded, so I thought I'd give Brooklyn a go for coffee and cake. I figured, being a bakery, there should be some goodies here, and there definitely were! After looking at a mouthwatering selection, I chose the macadamia and guava tart, an unusual combination which proved absolutely delicious. The long black was excelllent and service was friendly and prompt.

The only thing I didn't like was the seating. There was a choice between ordinary tables in a very dark area at one end, or high communal bench-style tables in the sunny spot by the windows. I don't really like sitting on bar stools, but I preferred to be in the sun so I sat here.

They seem to do a reasonable selection of brunch dishes too.

Reviewed 19 December 2011

the chicken/cranberry/brie is out of this world. oh and so is the bacon egg and cheese sandwich. my mouth is watering just thinking about it