“Quality place to stay”

Ranked #13 of 46 Hotels in Wellington
Taranaki
“Quality place to stay”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Awesome location, and service extremly good best hotel lve stayed at in wellington. Rooms beautiful, spacious and very clean. Easy to find if you are travelling from south. Excellent restaurant food lovely top notch service.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RoscoTaranaki
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, 8 June 2013
Dear RoscoTaranaki,
Thank you for taking valuable time to give us your feedback. We are pleased to learn that you've had an enjoyable time with us and that you found the location and facilities to your liking. We look forward to another opportunity to be of service to you in the near future!
Olivier Lacoua
CQ Hotels Wellington

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Christchurch
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Really good. Large spacious room. Decent sized TV. Good beds. Very good sized work bench/desk set-up with lots of plugs to charge lap-tops, Phones etc; which was great as I took a bit of work with me to complete at night. The pool was a great temperature. Breakfast was good. Service was fine. An all-round thumbs up. A bit dearer than some, not as dear as others - but worth the extra in my opinion.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Anthony W
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Dear Anthony
Good to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our 4 star plus hotel is a great option for business travellers like you who like spacious space and desk to work. I am glad to read that you find our hotel facilities of a very good value, thank you. Our team will be pleased to hear your positive feedback – they work very hard to provide quality food and service to our guests. Thank you again for your comments, and we shall hope to see you back again in a near future.
Blackburn, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The apartments were in a great location, we had a room that faced inland not out to the bay. The steps were a pain heading up and down stairs, bit overall comfortable. The main issue was when we went to have a shower in the morning there was no shower head so we got drowned having a shower. I would have thought house cleaning would have picked this up. We notified reception as we checked out in the morning, and they apologised, but there was no follow up.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jane G
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Good morning Jane G,
Thank you for your review. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay as well as the apartment facilities. I have also taken careful note of your comment in regards to the missing shower head and I asked the team to be more vigilant when replacing such items in the bathroom. We strive to ensure that all rooms and bathrooms are checked prior to our guest’s arrival as a quality control measure and in this instance it seems not to have been the case; please accept my sincerest apologies.
I am very glad to read that you find your stay comfortable overall and I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to CQ Hotels Wellington again in the future.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The hotel is in a very convenient location, close to buses and Oxford Street which has lots of restaurants. The area is a little shady at night so if you are a female travelling alone just be cautious. I stayed for four nights and on my second night I went to the front desk to ask a question. The wonderful woman at the desk asked how my stay was and I said it was good but the room felt a bit depressing since I looked onto the "courtyard" aka surrounded by tall buildings and concrete so I had no sunlight whatsoever. She offered to move me to another room without me even asking! My next room had a lot more sunlight and a great view. The rooms still felt a bit cold though as the walls are all concrete and the overhead lighting is harsh. The temperature was cold too even with the AC off! The bed was comfy but the showers in both of my rooms need an overhaul. I would recommend this hotel because of its good value but it's not perfect!

Room Tip: Avoid the courtyard rooms. I stayed in room 111 and it was so dark even when it was a bright and sun...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Good morning Laura,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular, the service provided by the Front Office team. I am sure that your reference about the restaurants means in fact about Cuba Street, which has a lots of bars, cafes and restaurant indeed. I look forward to welcoming you back to CQ Hotels Wellington again in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Great location - Cuba Street is excellent for eating out, although restaurants get very busy on Fridays and Saturdays, and the hotel is close to the waterfront, Te Papa, etc. The grandchildren thought the pool the best feature! Rooms include a fully-equipped kitchen area, although the nearest supermarket is a drive away. 30 minutes free wi-fi per night with a code from reception.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms overlook the reception area.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank deejay16
Good morning Deejay16,
Thank you so much for your fantastic comment; I am glad to read that you and your grandchildren enjoyed your stay and the hotel facilities, especially with the pool!
I look forward to welcoming you again in a very near future
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Having our conference at the hotel made it a great place to be looked after so well by Naomi and Andrew. they where efficient, helpful, and nothing was a bother. as I wa sthe contact person, they made my job so Easy
the food was excellent and the staff again very helpful.
my room was spacious, beds comfortable and plenty of hot water.
Bar area provided a small pleasant place to meet others or grab a quiet drink.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Good morning Diane L
Thank you for your wonderful feedback from your recent conference with us. I have shared your comments with my team especially with Naomi and Andrew and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your conference. Thank you again for your positive comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in a near future.
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Stayed here with wife and two kids for a night in a twin queen room.
Hotel is at the airport end of Cuba Street and easy walking distance of the rest of the CBD. Has a nice small bar. Reception is for both this and The Comfort hotel so was fairly hectic the day we checked in, so we had a bit of a wait and our bags weren't up in our room like we'd been told they would be.
Room rate was good and room was clean and roomy, though the bathroom was small by comparison. Also corner shower without a door meant water all over bathroom floor which was painful.
Swimming pool good though spa not going.
Only major issue was that it was noisy at night, not from the street but from within the hotel ie the noise of the pipes and doors shutting etc. which whilst not a deal breaker was the biggest negative.
Would stay here again given value for money

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Thank you for posting your feedback – I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed the Suite you stayed in and I have also taken note of your comment about the shower facilities. This will help us to finalise our project to install gradually shower doors in a near future.
Sorry that your bags weren’t up in your room, the team must have been very busy but I will share our comment with them. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our downtown location means that sometime the noise level could be perceived higher than normal especially during the weekend; please feel free to ask our team to allocate you in a quiet room next time you book with us. We would be very happy to assist. We look forward to welcoming you in a near future at CQ Hotels Wellington