“Great Location, Poor Ventilated Rooms”

Quality Hotel Wellington
Ranked #13 of 47 Hotels in Wellington
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The location of the Quality Hotel is absolutely ideal. We loved being able to walk up and down Cuba Street where there are several excellent restaurants. We loved Ombra (next door). The rooms in the hotel were quite large, which we were happy with. However, the ventilation in the room was terrible. There was no AC and only a single fan with a small cord. Only one small window opened in the room and not all the way. We woke up stuffed up every day in a way too warm room. We ended up propping the door open so we could take in some AC from the hallway. Too bad, because the room itself was very nice.

Room Tip: Rooms with KIng beds have accessible bathrooms. Only rooms with two beds have tubs in the bathrooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Jamie B,
Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your experience at the CQ Hotels Wellington. I am very pleased to learn that you found the location and facilities to your liking.
In regard to the ventilation in the rooms, I am very sorry to hear that you weren’t given the option to originally book a Suite with Air Conditioning; I have asked the reservation department to update your profile on our system to allocate such room for any of your future stay with us (subject to availability.
I look forward to another opportunity to welcoming you back at CQ Hotels Wellington in the near future! Please contact us directly on our website www.cqwellington.com or info@cqwellington.com and we will take care of your reservation personally.

Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

The room is spacious and has the usual amenities, bed tiny, (double) and main issue was ventilation - only one small window to open and then you got traffic noise, seemed to be a heater only.
Suited us for its location upper cuba street, better value for similar rooms around wellington.

• Stayed: December 2013
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear 2Goodies,
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay as well as the hotel facilities.
In regards to your comment about the ventilation, please ask for a room with air conditioning for your next visit in Wellington, the team will be happy to assist with your booking. Please contact us directly on our website www.cqwellington.com or info@cqwellington.com and we will take care of your reservation personally.
The team joins me to wish you safe holidays and happy New Year 2014

Reviewed 9 December 2013

This hotel is located in the Cuba St precinct with lots of options for food and wine. All within walking distance. Stayed on the "quality" side Rooms are large, clean, and comfortable, WifFi is reliable. Bathrtoom is clean and usable, and the AC works well.Front desk and bar staff are obliging and knowledgable. Pretty much everything you need for either a business or leisure stay. Only drawback was the breakfast - the staff were quite ubhelpful and items took forever to be replaced when consumed. Better options outside for breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank De_Chook
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear De_Chook,
Thank you for taking valuable time to give us your feedback. I am pleased to learn that you've had an enjoyable time with us and that you found the location and facilities to your liking.
I have also taken note of your comment in regards to the slow service level from our Breakfast, please accept my sincerest apologies. Your feedback will be shared with the team reminding them to be more vigilant and increase the level of customer service. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
I look forward to another opportunity to welcoming you again. Please contact us directly on our website www.cqwellington.com or info@cqwellington.com and we will take care of your reservation personally. The team also joins me to wish you and your family a Safe and Merry Christmas 2013.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Great location on Cuba street close to lots of good restaurants and cafés and only a few minutes walk from the Harbourfront. Our room was clean, spacious and reasonably comfortable with hobs and a microwave. Faced inwards to an internal court so was very quiet. Bed was a bit soft. Friendly and efficient reception. Parking is $25 a night extra and you only get 30 minutes internet access which is very poor. Extra charge for using a credit card to pay. Number of nearby cafés give free wi-fi so why can't this big hotel chain. Would stay again if the price was right.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Col07,
I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the CQ Hotels Wellington. It is always a great pleasure to receive positive feedback.
I have also taken careful note of your comments in regards to the bed, car parking cost and the extra charge for credit card; your feedback will be highlighted during our next pricing review. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, and I hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one. Please contact us directly on our website and we will take care of your reservation personally.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed in the quality side - I've stayed in the comfort side which is fine, but I like space, and the quality rooms certainly have this. The only small issue was with the shower - I found it hard to not half flood the bathroom as there seems to be no way to stop the water spraying all over the place.
The hotel breakfasts are fabulous. Could have easily eaten way too much each morning.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 281Emma_C
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear 281Emma_C
Thank you very much for your great feedback, I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at CQ Hotels Wellington, thank you again for posting your review. I am pleased to inform that we are currently finalizing a project to install new shower doors in these particular room type; in the meantime I have asked our reservation department to assign you with a room with a bath/shower for any of your future stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience and I am looking forward to welcoming you again in a near future. Kind regards

Reviewed 14 November 2013

My room was immaculate, fully modern with kitchenette. The hotel is in an excellent location on Cuba Street near the waterfront and CBD, with plenty of shops, restaurants and the Night Market nearby.

The room had a north-facing picture window and was quite hot when I arrived (5pm on a sunny Friday in November), but the heat pump did its job. The soundproofing was very good.

My only reservation would be that the room's fridge was mostly taken up by the minibar, leaving very little space to put my own things in. This is difficult to reconcile with a room that also provides a fully featured kitchenette with cooker, microwave, plates, cutlery etc.

The hotel has a small but well-stocked fitness room with treadmill, cross-trainer, rower, cycle and a full stack of hand weights.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Ross Y
Thank you for posting your review and sharing your feedback, I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay as well as the hotel facilities. We will check with the team if we can have more space in the fridge as you described, thank you again for the suggestion.
I am looking forward to welcome you back at CQ Hotels Wellington in a very near future.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Very comfortable hotel in great location for visiting Wellington. Quaint little shops in Cuba Street and easy walk to main shopping area, waterfront, Sunday Markets, theatres and Te Papa. Restaurants and coffee shops all around. Quick ride to airport. Great value and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo