Quality Hotel Wellington
James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor(Wellington)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$217
US$166
Hotels.com
US$155
US$134
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Best Western Wellington(Wellington)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$110
Airport Motor Lodge(Wellington)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$116
Agoda.com
The Cambridge Hotel(Wellington)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$57
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Hotel Wellington(Wellington)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$89
  • Room Service
US$153
US$148
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Wellesley Boutique Hotel(Wellington)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$116
  • Room Service
US$168
US$111
Priceline
  • Fitness centre
All reviewscuba sttwin queencq hotelgreat locationsign languagefloor to ceiling windowshuge roomcafes and barssmall kitchenettefree wifite papawould stay againlovely roomtop floorcomfortable bedsan easy walkcomfortable hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2014

A good central location close to where I needed to be and great room for a business trip.
Large desk, fantastic WIFI, in room facilities were as expected.
Bed was great, very comfortable.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Simon P,
Thank you for your positive feedback and for sharing your experience. I am glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel’s facilities such with our fantastic location.
Thank you again for sharing your experience and looking forward to welcoming you in a near future. Please feel free to contact us directly on our and we will take care of your reservation personally.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I would highly recommend the Quality Hotel on Cuba Street in Wellington. The location is excellent amongst great restaurants, shopping and a short walk to the harbour. The rooms are spacious, clean, equipped with a kitchen and the beds very comfortable. The staff are most helpful and the breakfast has a wide selection of foods. All in all an excellent choice if your journey takes you to Wellington.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear Barbara Y
Thank you for your kind review and high recommendation!
I am so glad we were able to warmly welcome you to CQ Wellington, and to Wellington itself!
It sounds like our suites and location were perfectly suited to your trip.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Kindest regards,
Olivier Lacoua

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I have been critical about two things about this hotel.

Firstly, there was a problem with no shower doors (for several years) - but this now seems to have been fixed.

Secondly - there is a lot of light let into the rooms around the edges of the curtains - mainly at the top of them. This would be a good project to tackle next.

I stayed in room 353 on this last stay. There was a very loud fan/airconditioning type sound that happened every now and then and ran for 20mins or so. No idea what it was. Thank goodness I had earplugs with me.

The restaurant I have decided is diabolical. It was farcical watching them get the neighbouring tables meal requests totally mucked up. And we had plenty of time to watch. It took 1:45hrs to get served 2 courses in a restaurant that never had more than 4 tables full.

The free internet was very welcomed.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms overlooking the lift areas in the adjacent Wellington Apartments.
1  Thank jeffrocowboy
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Olivier Lacoua

Reviewed 27 May 2014

There is nothing i can think of that is bad about this place. We were in room 453 and it had everything i needed and more besides. Very comfortable. LOVED IT.. Am going back again!!!
Pool was lovely and warm. They provide eco friendly shampoo and conditioner and bodywash. Food from the restaurant was fantastic. I had the chicken bagel and chips - soooooo yummy.

Room Tip: pay more for the nicer rooms like 453 :)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Sounds like you've had a great stopover in Wellington! I am pleased to learn that you liked our hotel and the facilities. We sincerely appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back home very soon. Please feel free to contact us directly on our website or send an email and we will take care of your reservation personally.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

A decent 3 night stay in Wellington, a city I did not know. No problems at all with the huge room. Cuba Street is central, and full of students from Vic Uni and all sorts of people. Lots of eating and shops close by. I am unsure if the internet is free or not - I put in a password and thought I would be charged, but unsure since somebody else paid the tab. No minibar menu (the folder was there, but nothing in it) , so I got charged for that stuff without realising what was free (the hot drinks and biscuits, I now think). Standard checkout of 11am was handy. Breakfast was excellent although glad it was not me who paid.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear harrowagenda21,
Thank you for taking valuable time to give us your feedback. We are pleased to learn that you've had an enjoyable time with us and that you found the location and facilities to your liking. I have shared your feedback with our team in regards to your comment about the mini-bar menu, thank you. I wish to confirm that CQ Wellington is one of the leading hotel in Wellington which provides complimentary Wifi UFB. We look forward to another opportunity to be of service to you in the near future! Please feel free to contact us directly on our website or send an email to and we will take care of your reservation personally.