“Great night away”

Ranked #13 of 46 Hotels in Wellington
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great night away”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

What a great hotel for a night away from the kids! We had a great room, enjoyed the pool & spa, and loved the room service breakfast!! The room was really well equipped, quiet and clean. A perfect hotel for a night away, but would also be good for longer stays.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RachaelIku
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear RachaelIku,
Sounds like you've had a great stopover with your kids in Wellington! I am pleased to learn that you liked our hotel and the facilities, especially with the pool & spa. I sincerely appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back home very soon. Please feel free to contact us directly on our website and we will take care of your reservation personally.
Olivier Lacoua

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Reviewed 13 August 2014

A nice hotel in a good location near shops and restaurants. The service is great, the gym is small but has good equipment and the rooms are clean and tidy. The bed was comfortable enough and the rooms are a decent size with kitchen facilities. Unfortunately both times I've stayed here the noise has been a little annoying, once from other guests constantly slamming doors in the hallway and the other time was from the bar below the hotel where people were yelling and laughing loudly until late at night. To be expected in the city though and my stay was otherwise good. Secure car parking too which is a bonus.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Becz-Awa
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Becz-Awa,
I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the CQ Wellington. It is always a great pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
I have also taken careful note of your comments in regards to noise coming from other guests in their rooms or in the bar area. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, and I am looking forward to welcoming you back at CQ Wellington in a near future. Please feel free to contact us directly on our website and we will take care of your reservation personally.
Kind regards,
Matakana, New Zealand
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Ive stayed twice before, once in the comfort side and once in quality. Ive never tried the heated indoor pool. This visit was really disappointing, our room smelt horrible and had awful carpet, finger prints on the walls and dirty bed throws and chairs. I complained- and the response was brilliant- thank goodness for them or id be giving them a terrible review. The price of the rooms for 4 pax is fantastic value- 139 a night is really great for a nice, tidy, spacious room. But they must do a roaring trade because of this and the lower level room we were given was just not up to scratch- and we travel a lot. So im not just being fussy. Not clean enough in the first room but they made up for it on a higher floor and were really good about moving us. Make sure you think you are getting a good enough, clean enough room, as this place is really great. Wicked central location on Cuba St, great pool- although a few too many plasters around for my liking. But its shared with people in apartments so Im sure they use it alot vs hotel guests. It echoes a lot as its indoor so guests didnt appreciate the kids having a good splash about- but you cant blame them, its the indoor acoustics that make it noisy. nice hot spa. But the really great bit about this hotel are the prebooked breakfasts- for 18 dollars and adult and kids free- the brekkies are really, really good. They make the stay worthwhile alone. Gotta say- the assistant manager saved their bacon. If I hdnt complained I would have left really disapointed. But they were really great about it and have emailed me to apologise so I feel like a real person. I think Ill actually go back because its such a great location, 2 bars inside, nice decor and the staff were really good.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a suite with a bath if you want one as they do have them, ask to go higher up...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Matakanafamily
Dear Matakanafamil,
Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your experience at the CQ Wellington. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
I was very disappointed to read that you noticed a poor general state of cleanliness in the hotel. We strive to ensure that all rooms and bathrooms are checked prior to our guest’s arrival as a quality control measure and in this instance it seems not to have been the case. Your feedback has been forwarded to the Executive Housekeeper and her team reminding them to be more vigilant in quality management to minimise the risk of this reoccurring in the future.
I have also taken careful note of your comment in regards to the special promotion for Breakfast; while I can understand your sentiments, this special promotion was an internal team competition which the team had opportunity or not to use. I am sorry if this wasn’t communicated to you at the time. The price for children (under 16) remains the same, it’s complimentary with any paying adult.
Once again, I appreciate you sharing your experience with us and am looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future. Please feel free to contact us directly on our website www.cqwellington.com or send an email to info@cqwellington.com and we will take care of your reservation personally.
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Finding a place to stay together with two small kids has always been an issue. The Quality Hotel had a room that catered for all of us. Great to have a basic kitchen. Clean and great service with a smile.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Jared R
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Jared R,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel after your recent stay with us.
I am so thrilled you enjoyed your stay and found our suites and location perfectly suited to your family's travels.
Looking forward to welcoming you back again.
Warmest regards,
New Plymouth
Reviewed 23 July 2014

First time staying at the Quality and just spent 3 nights here. Excellent location for walking to Cuba Mall and some of the best restaurants and bars in Wellington. Would stay here again just for the location. In saying that the hotel was also top notch. Rooms extremely spacious and very clean. Staff were very friendly and helpful.
If I was too fault anything it would be the badly designed shower cubicle but that really wasn't a big deal. Bathroom was also very spacious so that made up for it.
Great stay at the quality, will definitely be a choice of hotel for us when visiting Wellington again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Donny777,
I'd like to thank you for your review on your recent stay with us.
I am so glad you had an excellent stay at the hotel and for more reasons than one!
It is certainly a pleasure to accommodate you with comfortable suites after a long day of sightseeing! I'd love to welcome you back in the future!
Warmest regards,
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed here in June 2014 and cannot fault this place.
Fantastic location for taking a walk at night to the local restaurants and bars. However I recommend the onsite restaurant - we had dinner here and the food was one of the best meals we have had in a long time, with great wines and excellent service.
We booked a queen corner suite room and WOW it is huge, with great amenities and great night views. We were very happy with our stay and will definitely be back here in January when we are in WLG next.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the Queen Suite well worth it
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AndreaJackson
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Andrea Jackson,
I'd like to thank you for your review on your recent stay with us at CQ Hotels Wellington.
I am so glad you had an excellent stay and for more reasons than one! It is certainly a pleasure to accommodate you with our very comfortable and Wellington’s largest suites after a long day of sightseeing!
Thank you for your kind recommendation and we would love to welcome you back in the future! Please feel free to contact us directly on our website and we will take care of your reservation personally.
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Positive : location (centrally located but our room was quiet). Spacious room.
Breakfast ok, with "multiple choice" (warm or not, etc.)

Negative : small kitchen but... nearly nothing to cook in !
Need to go outside to access pool.
Parking expensive.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear loscas
Thank you for your review. i am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay as well as most of our hotel facilities. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to CQ Wellington again in the near future. Please feel free to contact us directly on our website and we will take care of your reservation personally.