“An excellent time viewing Wellington and enjoying chocolates.”

Wild About Wellington
Ranked #18 of 45 Tours in Wellington
More attraction details
Owner description: Wild About Wellington and Cruise Wellington are both owned by Jennifer Looman, Wellington's most vibrant tour guide. If you seek the perfect shore excursion at the perfect price, or an exclusive tour of Wellington city with Jennifer hosting you all the way, then visit the Wild About Wellington website for all the details. Jennifer consistently receives superb reviews for the service she provides and she has a decade of experience showing guests the coolest little capital.
Melbourne, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“An excellent time viewing Wellington and enjoying chocolates.”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Jennifer was an excellent guide showing us places we wouldn't have found on our own and her knowledge of Wellington was fantastic. The chocolate shops we visited were divine. Lunch was at Leuven Belgian beer bar which Jennifer suggested, the mussels and beer was great. All in all a fantastic time with lasting memories.
Marilyn and Steve

Visited March 2012
jlolo, Owner at Wild About Wellington, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Hi Marilyn and Steve,

It was great to have you here in the city and pleased the mussels went down well at Leuven. I always like to recommend a spot if you are wanting to trying great New Zealand delicacies. Speaking of delicacies, the chocolates in Wellington are special aren't they? Glad you enjoyed those, plus seeing the key sights in Wellington alongside me.

Wellington has many unique facets and I like to bring them all together in a tour personalised to your tastes and interests.

Thank you so much.

Kind regards
Jennifer Looman
Owner/Director of Wild About Wellington
Established 2005

Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“WONDERFUL WILD ABOUT WELLINGTON”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

My Teenage daughter & I spent the most wonderful morning with Jennifer on a 'Wild About Wellington ChocolateTour'. Jennifer toook us to several chocolatiers, where we sampled form an extensive, mouth watering, delicious range of hand made chocolates. You would think this would have been the highlight of the tour.....but the highlight for us both was the warm, friendly personal attention given to us from Jennifer. Our tour also included the Cable Car & Botanic Gardens, which had been to before. But Jennifer added a whole new dimension with one on one history & interesting facts. Wild About Wellington offers a range of tours & I can't recommend this company highly enough. Thanks Jennifer for our wonderful time with you!!! Cathie & Jess

Visited January 2012
jlolo, Owner at Wild About Wellington, responded to this review, 19 February 2012
Hi there C & J,

So pleased to hear from you both, and thank you for the sweet comments. Sweet in so many ways; I always enjoy Wild About Chocolate to introduce our great chocolateries in the city. It is always worth taking in the classic sights of Wellington too, and the Cable Car is a winner, giving insight into our history, geography and unique stories of the city.

I look forward to our next chocolate together. To be honest, the macarons we had at the end of the tour are always my weakness....

Best wishes,
Sydney
5 attraction reviews
“A perfect start to our New Zealand Trip”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

After visiting Wellington on a brief trip before, I was aware that it had a rich history to explore and I really wanted to give Dad a chance to experience what the city had to offer. Jennifer's Sights and Bites walking tour was ideal for an initial introduction to the CBD of Wellington. As you would expect, Jennifer has a range of places on her itinerary to show us but she stressed that she really wanted to make the day our own and was happy to make detours along the way. As a result we got to see Old St Pauls church which was amazing. The New Zealand Supreme Court wasn't in session so we were able to go in for a peak and it's design is just stunning. We really enjoyed meeting local acclaimed photographer, Simon Woolf. Simon and Jennifer are planning to design a tour for avid photographers, so if you have an interest in photography, keep an eye out for future developments.

Looking back it's deceptive how much we saw on this tour as Jennifer is very engaging and sets a very relaxed paced tour with well placed stops along the way. The Cable Car, the Old Bank Shopping Arcade and old ambulance building that has been turned into St Johns Heineken Hotel provided a fantastic lunch. The tour finishes up with Jennifer introducing us to a few of the highlights of Te Papa Museum, after which you are left to explore the rest of the museum at your own pace.

Highly recommended

Visited January 2012
jlolo, Owner at Wild About Wellington, responded to this review, 11 February 2012
Dear A, T & P,

A great day out in Wellington with you, thank you all. Delighted to show off Wellington to keen photographers, and I am so pleased to have personalised the day to your liking. Also, thank you for the lovely shots uploaded from our Sights & Bites tour.

Your comments and description are most appreciated; I look forward to seeing you all again in the city.

Kindest regards,
Goulburn, Australia
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“We had a lovely stay and were made to feel very welcome”
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Wild about Wellington, the Sights and Bights Tour with our guide Jennifer, was a wonderful time we had - celebrating my husband's birthday. Jennifer was bright and chirpy to share time with / and explore Wellington. The rain did not stop us, from having a wonderful time. We toured the best of Wellington with Jennifer ( in the short time we had - were were cruising on the Pacific Pearl which visited lovely Wellington.) Jennifer shared with us the history - important facts and information which allowed us to view Wellington with different eyes. It is good to have a local to show you around, so that you have quality time when it is limited. We would loved to have had more time to see the museum, which was very interesting and well laid out. We had morning coffee followed by a lovely Birthday lunch for my man... and a taste of N.Z wine which was delicious. We would recommend this tour to others who visit Wellington, you will not be disappointed. it is a quality tour, for me it was a special occasion so I chose this tour. Everything is included in the price, a guided tour, morning coffee, cable car or public transport if required and a lovely lunch. You may take the tour without lunch if you are on a cruise, as time is very limited to get back to the ship. All in all Excellent thank you sweet Jennifer for your caring attitude towards the customers.

Visited December 2011
jlolo, Owner at Wild About Wellington, responded to this review, 13 December 2011
Dear D & H,
Much appreciate your kind comments and so pleased to share your celebration with you both! It was a great day out in the city, despite the shorter time available. Let me know when you are back in New Zealand so I can help with any suggestions for your time here. I know we'll catch up again; sooner rather than later I hope D & H!

All the best for Christmas to you and the family,
Lincoln, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Locals Share Walking Wellington's Attractions”
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Jennifer Looman knows how to make walking a major city's center enjoyable. It was scheduled for moderate walkers and 2+ hours all very manageable even carrying/using the umbrella. Additionally, she gave us an opportunity to rank the displayed four public art pieces--fun. We visited the old University Law Building (all wood), the Beehive-- Wellington's legislative house srrounded by beautiful parks and more government housing. Everything "major" in Wellington is built on insulators to manage natural earth tremors, etc-- not the case for larger Christchurch. The cable car ride, museum, history and garden are special. The Te Papa museum is a marvel, from the natives through colonists, etc- and free admission to all Film Director Peter Jackson lives here ("Lord of the Rings," etc) and has an extensive post studio facility outside the city. Jennifer appears to know everyone; when stumped another new person to meet.

Visited October 2011
jlolo, Owner at Wild About Wellington, responded to this review, 15 November 2011
Hello J

Thank you for the kind comments and review of our time together. Despite the rain along the way we certainly covered Wellington well. Parliament grounds and buildings are always highlights for me personally, so I am glad you enjoyed that along with our fantastic Te Papa Museum and the other areas we visited in the city.

I trust the cruise continued on in great style and you enjoyed your time in New Zealand. It looked like you were having a wonderful time!

Best wishes to you and the family,