“A day in Wellington with Jennifer makes a person want more.....”

Wild About Wellington
Ranked #18 of 47 Tours in Wellington
More attraction details
Owner description: Wild About Wellington and Cruise Wellington are both owned by Jennifer Looman, Wellington's most vibrant tour guide. If you seek the perfect shore excursion at the perfect price, or an exclusive tour of Wellington city with Jennifer hosting you all the way, then visit the Wild About Wellington website for all the details. Jennifer consistently receives superb reviews for the service she provides and she has a decade of experience showing guests the coolest little capital.
Reviewed 28 March 2012

She blew into the Hotel Lobby with a smile that warmed the chilly day -- her knowledge of the city that she so loves began with the paintings hanging in the main stairway of the Hotel. As we walked through the city Jennifer was able to weave the history, politics, personalities, and landscapes into the story of Wellington.

jlolo, Owner at Wild About Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear A,

Thank you so much for such a colourful description of our day out together. Yes, I do like to provide guests with a full experience of the city while they are in town, and we are a great mix of culture, sights, tastes, politics and people to meet. I like to keep you busy!

It was also very enjoyable to take out a single traveller. Sometimes I am able to accommodate a single traveller which then becomes a private tour in effect. Your timing was great and happy to share the day with you personally.

Will you make it back to New Zealand for a third time? Here's hoping!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 16 March 2012

Jennifer was an excellent guide showing us places we wouldn't have found on our own and her knowledge of Wellington was fantastic. The chocolate shops we visited were divine. Lunch was at Leuven Belgian beer bar which Jennifer suggested, the mussels and beer was great. All in all a fantastic time with lasting memories.
Marilyn and Steve

jlolo, Owner at Wild About Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Hi Marilyn and Steve,

It was great to have you here in the city and pleased the mussels went down well at Leuven. I always like to recommend a spot if you are wanting to trying great New Zealand delicacies. Speaking of delicacies, the chocolates in Wellington are special aren't they? Glad you enjoyed those, plus seeing the key sights in Wellington alongside me.

Wellington has many unique facets and I like to bring them all together in a tour personalised to your tastes and interests.

Thank you so much.

Kind regards
Jennifer Looman
Owner/Director of Wild About Wellington
Established 2005

Reviewed 12 February 2012

My Teenage daughter & I spent the most wonderful morning with Jennifer on a 'Wild About Wellington ChocolateTour'. Jennifer toook us to several chocolatiers, where we sampled form an extensive, mouth watering, delicious range of hand made chocolates. You would think this would have been the highlight of the tour.....but the highlight for us both was the warm, friendly personal attention given to us from Jennifer. Our tour also included the Cable Car & Botanic Gardens, which had been to before. But Jennifer added a whole new dimension with one on one history & interesting facts. Wild About Wellington offers a range of tours & I can't recommend this company highly enough. Thanks Jennifer for our wonderful time with you!!! Cathie & Jess

jlolo, Owner at Wild About Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2012

Hi there C & J,

So pleased to hear from you both, and thank you for the sweet comments. Sweet in so many ways; I always enjoy Wild About Chocolate to introduce our great chocolateries in the city. It is always worth taking in the classic sights of Wellington too, and the Cable Car is a winner, giving insight into our history, geography and unique stories of the city.

I look forward to our next chocolate together. To be honest, the macarons we had at the end of the tour are always my weakness....

Best wishes,

Reviewed 9 February 2012

After visiting Wellington on a brief trip before, I was aware that it had a rich history to explore and I really wanted to give Dad a chance to experience what the city had to offer. Jennifer's Sights and Bites walking tour was ideal for an initial introduction to the CBD of Wellington. As you would expect, Jennifer has a range of places on her itinerary to show us but she stressed that she really wanted to make the day our own and was happy to make detours along the way. As a result we got to see Old St Pauls church which was amazing. The New Zealand Supreme Court wasn't in session so we were able to go in for a peak and it's design is just stunning. We really enjoyed meeting local acclaimed photographer, Simon Woolf. Simon and Jennifer are planning to design a tour for avid photographers, so if you have an interest in photography, keep an eye out for future developments.

Looking back it's deceptive how much we saw on this tour as Jennifer is very engaging and sets a very relaxed paced tour with well placed stops along the way. The Cable Car, the Old Bank Shopping Arcade and old ambulance building that has been turned into St Johns Heineken Hotel provided a fantastic lunch. The tour finishes up with Jennifer introducing us to a few of the highlights of Te Papa Museum, after which you are left to explore the rest of the museum at your own pace.

Highly recommended

jlolo, Owner at Wild About Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2012

Dear A, T & P,

A great day out in Wellington with you, thank you all. Delighted to show off Wellington to keen photographers, and I am so pleased to have personalised the day to your liking. Also, thank you for the lovely shots uploaded from our Sights & Bites tour.

Your comments and description are most appreciated; I look forward to seeing you all again in the city.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 10 December 2011

Wild about Wellington, the Sights and Bights Tour with our guide Jennifer, was a wonderful time we had - celebrating my husband's birthday. Jennifer was bright and chirpy to share time with / and explore Wellington. The rain did not stop us, from having a wonderful time. We toured the best of Wellington with Jennifer ( in the short time we had - were were cruising on the Pacific Pearl which visited lovely Wellington.) Jennifer shared with us the history - important facts and information which allowed us to view Wellington with different eyes. It is good to have a local to show you around, so that you have quality time when it is limited. We would loved to have had more time to see the museum, which was very interesting and well laid out. We had morning coffee followed by a lovely Birthday lunch for my man... and a taste of N.Z wine which was delicious. We would recommend this tour to others who visit Wellington, you will not be disappointed. it is a quality tour, for me it was a special occasion so I chose this tour. Everything is included in the price, a guided tour, morning coffee, cable car or public transport if required and a lovely lunch. You may take the tour without lunch if you are on a cruise, as time is very limited to get back to the ship. All in all Excellent thank you sweet Jennifer for your caring attitude towards the customers.

jlolo, Owner at Wild About Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2011

Dear D & H,
Much appreciate your kind comments and so pleased to share your celebration with you both! It was a great day out in the city, despite the shorter time available. Let me know when you are back in New Zealand so I can help with any suggestions for your time here. I know we'll catch up again; sooner rather than later I hope D & H!

All the best for Christmas to you and the family,