“Wonderful tour to learn all about Wellington”

Wild About Wellington
Ranked #19 of 51 Tours in Wellington
More attraction details
Owner description: Wild About Wellington and Cruise Wellington are both owned by Jennifer Looman, Wellington's most vibrant tour guide. If you seek the perfect shore excursion at the perfect price, or an exclusive tour of Wellington city with Jennifer hosting you all the way, then visit the Wild About Wellington website for all the details. Jennifer consistently receives superb reviews for the service she provides and she has a decade of experience showing guests the coolest little capital.
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Jennifer took us on a wonderful tour that started at 9:45 AM and ended around 2:15 PM. She took us into Parliament and we got to see a session in action, we walked to the St. Paul church, and had a coffee break in the middle, she took us to the arts and crafts market on a Saturday, we had a lovely lunch at a wonderful pub, and then we toured the Te Papa museum. Jennifer knows the history and stories of the area so well, and is easy to chat with. She gives good advice on restaurants to check out and how to save money while you're in town. Great tour!

jlolo, Owner at Wild About Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Delighted to meet you both, and so glad you selected Wellington as your city in New Zealand to investigate. Sights & Bites is a great reconnaissance if you are beginning a holiday in the city. We covered lots of ground and I hope you enjoyed the recommendations I made for your time here.

All the best,

Reviewed 19 April 2013

Had a great morning out with Jennifer. She took us to the Supreme Court and into the Courthouse, and into the Parliament building. We also were shown lots of other buildings in Wellington, before we went up on the cable car. This was great fun, with Jennifer you just slip around the queue like VIPs and go on up. She knew the cable car driver and great banter ensued. Then off for a lovely New Zealand coffee, and finally she dropped us at the Te Papa museum. A very good morning and overview of Wellington.

Ah, the joy of knowing everyone in Wellington! I don't know quite everyone, but I have my friends in the city. Nothing like a queue jump when there is so much to see; glad to oblige. Thank you for coming out with me to show you Wellington, you both looked like you were having a wonderful holiday.

Kind regards

Reviewed 18 March 2013

Jennifer is an amazing tour guide. She owns and is the only guide for her company. No one can do it better. Jennifer loves her city and she imparts that with an easy manner. We spent 21/2 hours with her and the time just flew by. We saw the major sites and at the same time learned the history of Wellington. We were very happy. That we had Jennifer to show us around.

Thank you for your lovely words, and you are right, time flew and I enjoyed it as much as you did. I hope you decide to come back to Wellington one day and take in just a little more of our coolest little capital! Best wishes, Jennifer

Reviewed 6 December 2012

I went to Wellington for the first time in September 2012 and my first day was spent with Jennifer. She is an amazing lady with a passion for her city and NZ history. I learnt so much from her. I was a woman travelling alone and whilst all the other companies required more than one person, Jennifer went out of her way for me. I am also a bit shy and I felt so comfortable with her. She was interested in me. As a lawyer, she also made sure she tailored the tour to suit me and my interests, courts, parliament etc. Jennifer will also give you "homework" in that she will point out places for you to go back to shop, if that is your interest, and drink the best coffee. I felt in a day I saw the best of Wellington and then I was able to go back to places she suggested. I learnt about Maori culture and found Jennifer's introduction to Te Papa very helpful. I went back there a few times. She really is an inspiring, warm person and I cannot recommend her tour highly enough. I have very fond memories of Wellington thanks to Jennifer and I want to go back. I promise, you will love it!

jlolo, Owner at Wild About Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Dear L,

Thank you for your kind and generous comments of our very memorable day out together. When my timetable allows it, I do try to accommodate single guests and I am so glad I was able to show you Wellington, the coolest little capital.

You were a delight to take out. As you are a lawyer it gave me a chance to lurk around some of our most significant buildings in the city, like the Supreme Court, and to expand on your interest.

Speaking of your interests, don't we have an AFL game set to play in 2013 here in Wellington? I know you are a keen supporter. I think that gives us a chance to have that glass of wine together; my shout when you make it back here.

Thank you again, I am sure we will catch up again. It will be a pleasure.

Reviewed 13 November 2012

about not having more time to spend with the most lovely lady in Wellington. We only had one pint because the Dam (Oosterdam that is) was scheduled out early on. But we walked fast and viewed the major sights including some Polinasian students supping on birthday cake at cable's height. J Lo is one of the sweetest persons one could know and our relationship will last a lifetime (mine, not hers). Kathy and I can only ditto all of the other rewiews previously submitted. Anyone taking Jennifer's tour could not be in better hands.

jlolo, Owner at Wild About Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Dear B&K, you are hilarious, and I agree, it was shame the ship departed so early so it was only one pint! Thank goodness it was a good one.

Yes, a day to remember and you and Kathy really must come back to see all that we didn't have time for. Delighted your journey to New Zealand and Australia was so special. I will be waiting for your next arrival, and the next pint??

Your very own
JLo (Jennifer Looman, Wild About Wellington Ltd)