“Great Wellington B & B with Jeff, Dean And Calvin”

Wellington City Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #18 of 45 Wellington B&B and Inns
new york city
“Great Wellington B & B with Jeff, Dean And Calvin”
Reviewed 19 March 2008

My partner andI stayed at the GREAT Wellington B & B as guests of Jeff and Dean and Calvin (their wonderful cat). The location is ideal - walking distance to most sights and restaurants . Both Jeff and Dean took a personal interest in our visit and made our stay most memorable - only wish that we could have stayed there longer - but looking forward to returning! Lawrence and Alberto NYC NY

Stayed February 2008
1 Thank tituaman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed 12 February 2008

My partner John and I spent 2 nights at City Bed and Breakfast in Wellington. We could hardly have found a better place to stay. The B&B is exceptionally well-located, within literally easy walking distance of Wellington city centre. Two wonderful hoste made this an excellent place to relax and explore the area. Thanks Greg & John in Canada

• Liked — Friendly owners
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 31 January 2008

Wellington City B&B is great! The accommodation is comfortable and clean with many personal touches provided by Jeff and Dean. This B&B is the perfect location for exploring Wellington City and Jeff and Dean are both exceptional hosts. We had a great time and look forward to returning.

• Liked — The hospitality
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank newsealand
atlanta
Reviewed 30 January 2008

My husband and I were so comfortable at this B&B. It is stylish and convenient. Jeff and Dean were wonderful, tolerant hosts and the cat was appropriately and teasingly aloof. They gave us a ride to the bottom of the Botanical Garden cable car, allowing us to walk down through the gardens into town and Te Papa. We were a little too weary to climb the hill, but the taxi was inexpensive. The location is only a couple of blocks from a wonderful selection of restaurants. This is an excellent choice in Wellington for a couple or a single.

• Liked — The quality of the rooms and the hosts
  • Disliked — The hill
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 29 January 2008

This a stylish townhouse offering a clean, centrally located, and affordable accommodation for single travelers or couples. The beds are comfortable, with bedding of the highest quality, and the bedroom decor sophisticated, yet warm. Every room is bright and airy. My bedroom and adjoining private bath could be shut off from the rest of the house by closing a door in the hall for complete privacy. Ample towels and extra blankets are provided. I was shown where to find dairy products and juice in the refrigerator. Breakfast foods including fruit, breads, juices, cereals, coffee, and a variety of teas are made available on the kitchen counter. Guests are welcome to use the kitchen, dining and sitting areas.

The amenities mentioned so far are pretty much what one expects of any good B&B. What really made this B&B stand out were the many generous personal touches. Jeff and Dean, (and Calvin, the cat), made me feel as welcome as if I were a visiting friend rather than a paying guest. When I arrived in Wellington from the South Island, I was met at the ferry terminal and driven to the house. Without imposing their company on me in any way, they welcomed me to socialize with them if and when I so desired. When I headed out on my own to explore, they loaned me a lightweight backpack in which to carry my camera, guidebook, map, etc.. It was an unexpected highlight of my visit to Wellington to have the pleasure of spending time with them.

Clearly each of the following excursions depended on its fitting into one or both of their schedules, but I was given tours by car and on foot to parts of the city I would not, or could not, have seen otherwise, and I was given a ride to the railroad and bus terminal at the end of my visit.

Two things that make a huge difference for me when I travel are having access to the Internet, and being able to catch up on my laundry from time to time. Jeff and Dean provided a wireless, broadband Internet connection for my use with my laptop computer, and actively assisted me in using their laundry facilities – all at no extra charge.

The B&B is located on the side of Mt. Victoria facing the city center. It is an easy walk from the house to Wellington's Visitor Information Center, Te Papa Museum, the New Zealand national government buildings, and WestPac Stadium. The walk back to the house is a bit more strenuous in its uphill segment, but good exercise for anyone in good health and physically fit.

• Liked — Comfort, convenience, and friendly service
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled solo
1 Thank MustSeeIt
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 28 January 2008

My hosts were most helpful, attentive, and friendly right from the start, including picking me up at the airport and giving me assistance for future legs of my trip. They couldn't have made me feel more at home, while at the same time providing me complete freedom. All of my needs were very well met, and if given the opportunity, I'd go back in a minute. A great stop for singles or couples, young or old.

• Liked — Wonderful hosts
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled solo
1 Thank senecaeagl
Cape Town
Reviewed 27 January 2008

My partner and I spent 2 nights at City Bed and Breakfast in Wellington. We could hardly have found a better place to stay. The B&B is exceptionally well-located, within literally easy walking distance of Wellington city centre (and with a not-so-easy walk up to the top of Mount Victoria on its doorstep!)

Our well-appointed room was spacious, comfortable, and very clean with a good en-suite bathroom. Our hosts were friendly and attentive, clearly willing to help us in any way they could, including garaging our hired car, and unhesitatingly allowing us the use of their laundry facilities.

There is no doubt that if we are fortunate enough to visit Wellingon again, we would hope to be able to stay at City Bed and Breakfast.

• Liked — Comfort and Convenience
  • Disliked — Nothing....
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple